Help Somone Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raljrs123

Apr 4, 2007
My friend and I are planning a trip to DR in Mid to late May. We are looking for relaxation during the day and would like to meet local women at night. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on where to go and why. How does it work with the women? Would rather not pay for it if poosible or is that being naive. I have been told that the woman try and pretend to be interested in a long term relationship or is that all B.S. . Any opinions or suggestions PLEASE.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The reality is you will pay for it one way or another. As a tourist visiting you will have access to no other type of local then the ones that you can have fun with at a price. Whether that price is negotiated up front or it is dinner, dancing, new clothes, hotel rooms .......... whatever. You will pay.

If they claim to be interested in a long term relationship - just another way of getting paid. Like I said you will only have access to one kind of local.

In order for us to help you a little more, tell us what you are looking for in terms of daytime - relaxation - costs - atmosphere - activities etc. Then maybe we can stear you in the right direction.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Do you speaki spanish?

If you don't speaki spanish? Don't worry the chicas in Boca Chica understand sign-language, as in the gesturing of you reaching in your pocket and pulling out some money.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
My friend and I are planning a trip to DR in Mid to late May. We are looking for relaxation during the day and would like to meet local women at night. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on where to go and why. How does it work with the women? Would rather not pay for it if poosible or is that being naive. I have been told that the woman try and pretend to be interested in a long term relationship or is that all B.S. . Any opinions or suggestions PLEASE.

if you are staying at one of the resorts just inquire with the "sankies", I mean :ermm: the animation team/the entertainment team, they'll guide you.;)

Raljrs123

Apr 4, 2007
I would like to stay in a private villa and go out at night. As far as spending I guess $100-$200 per night. I still have no idea where to go Boca Chica, Puerta Plata, Caberete, Punta Cana etc.....

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
It costs nothing to meet women. If you speak Spanish, you meet them the same way you would elsewhere by talking to them. Unless meet is euphemism for something else. :cheeky:

We are looking for relaxation during the day and would like to meet local women at night. I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on where to go and why. How does it work with the women? Would rather not pay for it if poosible or is that being naive. I have been told that the woman try and pretend to be interested in a long term relationship or is that all B.S. . Any opinions or suggestions PLEASE.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I thought it was the gringos who pretend to be looking for an esposa.:surprised
Sort of like waiving that carrot on a stick.;)

I suppose it works both ways like when she says she will be faithful for some of Western Union dinero.:rolleyes:

dingdongdenny

Jan 6, 2007
$100 to $200 a night that would get you 3 or 6 girls,man i must be getting old 1 or 2 is good for me.try sosua or cabarete.

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006

oh yeah, sure, they are interested in a long term relationship...as long as they continue to get what they want. And that means for you to pay for whatever it is they need. And that can cover a wide spectrum....dinner, clothes, money, VISA...jackpot....

But remember the most important word in your post is "pretend", they are great con artists and have it down to a science.
Just have fun and forget about it when you get home!

jmsunlinenet

May 24, 2005
1. If you don't speak Spanish it will be harder for you, but not impossible. You have a few weeks yet, and you should get some CDs and practice as hard as you can. You can learn a lot in a few weeks.

2. You have to understand that most people in the DR are very poor and cannot live on the wages they get from low paid jobs. Single Dominican women are therefore highly motivated to date visitors as a way of earning money for necessary and luxury items. They will therefore date you, and be your companion, and temporary girlfriend and in most cases be a lot of fun to be with.

3. You can meet women anywhere, on the street, in stores, or restaurants where they work, in taxis, but usually not so easily in the all inclusive resorts, because they are not allowed to date you. Start with eye contact and a smile and go from there. Ask them their name. You will soon know if they are interested.

4. If you just want girls for sex, and you want to have different girls each day, Sosua is the best place to go. You can very easily meet girls there in bars and discos. In fact they will find you, even if you try to hide. If you are looking for one girl for your vacation, you might meet her anywhere you go.

5. Although the girls primary motive for being with you will be money, there is nothing to stop you developing a relationship with her over time. You may become fond of each other, but remember that this is because you are her meal ticket. Many tourists do meet and marry Dominican girls and take them to Europe, Canada. Some of these relationships work out well, and some don't. There is a danger that you will marry a girl and then find yourself supporting her entire extended family of ne'er-do-well brothers and cousins.

6. On the other hand, Dominican women are very beautiful and make love like angels. You may keep on coming back.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and remember; this is temporary, life goes on.....no western union !!!! :laugh:

have fun !!

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Bro, the women of the DR are only a little different than those in the states...the ones I've met in the DR are nice! Now for edukashun...you pay for women one way or another no matter where you are in the world....if your question is about paying for "it"....yep there's a ton of pros....and if you're a gullable "gringo" (as in you've been married before, "till death do us part" yeah right) you'll need to watch your heart and your wallet.

If you can understand that ALL women want to be treated nice, have fun and enjoy a good meal with a good friend....you can "trade for it", just like you do in the states...here we call it going on a date. (Your goal is the same, yes?)

As a rule of thumb, I don't send money via Western Union, I only bring gifts I would normally give to girlfriends in the states (NO, let me rephrase that, I treat the DR women better)....if you are smooth enough to find a "non-pro" (sic) and you have a good time, leave a "$gift$" for her on or in her purse, don't hand it to her (it's considered impolite)....

The country is poor, work is hard to get SO if you are fortunate enough to be entertained by a great guest, treat her as such. $1500 pesos ($50US) makes you a KING and you will be treated like one.

Personally, I bring .5 oz bottles of good perfume (Obsession is well appreciated) for the maids at the hotels....I tip the pool guys and get hooked up for whatever I need...taxis for my friends to leave in, booze at the ppol bars, special "selections" etc.....!

I'm headed back in June, bearing a few "gifts from America" although my gal pal asks for nothing (she knows I'm good to her) and I am treated really well when we're together. I don't care about "when we're not together", we each have lives.

When I get tired of dangling the carrot in front of this one.......I'll dangle it before another....

Above all remember, you are a "guest in da house" Act like it! Be polite, tip well and you'll be remembered for it. Peace out!

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Right... me again on defense of dominican girls..... if u want a one night stand then get ready to get a cheap girl :) ..... If u want to meet nice girls with class it depends where u go.... usually in Boca chica im sorry to say lots of cheap girls .... I have to say... i live here and i hate Boca Chica .... Go clubbing if u are hot and not stupid i guess u will find something .... also just talk .....

Believe it or not.... not all the dominican girls are sluts trying to get married with a gringo that can take them out of here ..... U just have to pay attention where u look..... Pretty offensive i have to say.

Hope to help u... peace :)

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Oh right by the way.... u can try to meet girls thru myspace or something like that.... with luck u will find a friend :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
1. If you don't speak Spanish it will be harder for you, but not impossible. You have a few weeks yet, and you should get some CDs and practice as hard as you can. You can learn a lot in a few weeks.

2. You have to understand that most people in the DR are very poor and cannot live on the wages they get from low paid jobs. Single Dominican women are therefore highly motivated to date visitors as a way of earning money for necessary and luxury items. They will therefore date you, and be your companion, and temporary girlfriend and in most cases be a lot of fun to be with.

3. You can meet women anywhere, on the street, in stores, or restaurants where they work, in taxis, but usually not so easily in the all inclusive resorts, because they are not allowed to date you. Start with eye contact and a smile and go from there. Ask them their name. You will soon know if they are interested.

4. If you just want girls for sex, and you want to have different girls each day, Sosua is the best place to go. You can very easily meet girls there in bars and discos. In fact they will find you, even if you try to hide. If you are looking for one girl for your vacation, you might meet her anywhere you go.

5. Although the girls primary motive for being with you will be money, there is nothing to stop you developing a relationship with her over time. You may become fond of each other, but remember that this is because you are her meal ticket. Many tourists do meet and marry Dominican girls and take them to Europe, Canada. Some of these relationships work out well, and some don't. There is a danger that you will marry a girl and then find yourself supporting her entire extended family of ne'er-do-well brothers and cousins.

6. On the other hand, Dominican women are very beautiful and make love like angels. You may keep on coming back.
Very good post, jm.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Personally, I bring .5 oz bottles of good perfume (Obsession is well appreciated) for the maids at the hotels....I tip the pool guys and get hooked up for whatever I need...taxis for my friends to leave in, booze at the ppol bars, special "selections" etc.....!

you are on point with the gifts for women..i always take small gifts, body spray, prefume, manicure set, etc. i have also found that the male body sprays (Axe, etc.) are also cool gifts for the motos, security guards, pool guys, etc. i have even hooked up the tourist policia with a few gifts just in case. :laugh:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sending wrong signals, I think

... i have also found that the male body sprays (Axe, etc.) are also cool gifts for the motos, security guards, pool guys, etc. i have even hooked up the tourist policia with a few gifts just in case.
:speechles :confused: ..... :)

steve s

May 16, 2007
I am going to be traveling to Boca Chica in mid june for about 1 week, I will be traveling solo, but looking for someone to have a great time with while I am there (female). The information I have been reading shows it should not be a problem. I want to stay at a nice hotel/resort for R/R any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.