Ocean Manor Beach Resort, Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Does anyone have any reveiws for this hotel? My husband and I are staying there in June. Thanks :)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
LOL... What a perfect example of having to take "consumer" reviews with a BIG grain of salt...of the three reviews for OM Resort:

#1 - 1 out of 5 stars - headline: "A place to avoid"
#2 - 4 out of 5 stars - headline: "Pleasantly wonderful"
#3 - 2 out of 5 stars - headline: "Quiet resort with growning pains"

All within 2 months of each other...what are you supposed to make of this?

Sep 15, 2006
LOL... What a perfect example of having to take "consumer" reviews with a BIG grain of salt...of the three reviews for OM Resort:

#1 - 1 out of 5 stars - headline: "A place to avoid"
#2 - 4 out of 5 stars - headline: "Pleasantly wonderful"
#3 - 2 out of 5 stars - headline: "Quiet resort with growning pains"

All within 2 months of each other...what are you supposed to make of this?

That's just an option seeing as she wanted reviews. I try to stay clear of places with conflicting reviews or get more info like I did with Nanny Estates by asking here. I don't need a hit or miss vacation.Everyone has their own taste, and you can tell when someone is griping for petty reasons.Though, I'd take Hotel El Magnifico and their graveyard next door over Ocean Manor since their reviews are consistant.

Sep 15, 2006
I considered staying there but I KNEW everyone would be scared as H*** when they see the little cemetery and I wouldn't hear the end of it. Lol, I would have found it exciting, given all the ghost stories(jumbee and lahjabess?) we've heard about from all over the Caribbean. Plus the lace is very chic.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Ocean Manor

Ocean Manor is a very nice place. It was purchased by a Canadian Company a couple of years ago and they poured a lot of money into renovating the place. The rooms, pool, restaurant, location are all good. It is right on the beach but the beach is only fair at best at that location. It is about a mile from town; nice walk along the beach during the day but take a cab at night as the beach is very dark at night. It's not 5 star but is overall very good. You are near enough to the town; 20 minute walk, 3 minute cab ride but far enough to get away from the hustle and bustle. You'll like it.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
One thing to keep in mind about Ocean Manor... there is still construction going on directly next to the resort - The Victorian condo complex. I dont know how much it will disturb you if staying there, but it's something to consider... They'll likely be done in about 6 months.

And if you stay at El Magnifico... have breakfast and/or lunch at Claro...it's excellent!!! (and free WiFi)

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
LOL... that is a funky (but nice) place! I have a friend coming in on Sunday... got him the last room available there...
do me a favor if you can remember and let me know how your friend thought of his stay at Ocean Manor.... Thanks.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Ocean Manor is a very nice place. It was purchased by a Canadian Company a couple of years ago and they poured a lot of money into renovating the place. The rooms, pool, restaurant, location are all good. It is right on the beach but the beach is only fair at best at that location. It is about a mile from town; nice walk along the beach during the day but take a cab at night as the beach is very dark at night. It's not 5 star but is overall very good. You are near enough to the town; 20 minute walk, 3 minute cab ride but far enough to get away from the hustle and bustle. You'll like it.
Yeah I read a reveiw that said the beach in front of the hotel was a bit rocky... not good!
If the beach isn't that great at the location of the hotel can you recomend a nice part of the beach to go to? I would love to spend some time on a clean beach with clear water, white sand and palm trees...
Thanks for your help!

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
One thing to keep in mind about Ocean Manor... there is still construction going on directly next to the resort - The Victorian condo complex. I dont know how much it will disturb you if staying there, but it's something to consider... They'll likely be done in about 6 months.

And if you stay at El Magnifico... have breakfast and/or lunch at Claro...it's excellent!!! (and free WiFi)
is Claro close to the Ocean Manor Resort?
We didn't go the all inclusive route because we didn't want to feel so obligated to stay in our area through out the day to eat food. So if you have any other restaurant suggestions keep them coming. THX!

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
i stayed there in march 2007

Does anyone have any reveiws for this hotel? My husband and I are staying there in June. Thanks :)

hi all
me and my sister stayed there in march ..we had a very good time ..it is very relaxing ..quiet..... well.....that is untill we got there lol...but the staff is very friendly ...the rooms are beauitiful and clean ..it is right on the beach .....one of the pools overlooks the ocean ....as far as the construction next door our room was right on that side like if i opened my door it was right there ....in the room we diddnt hear a thing ....all in all we had a blast and will go back there again ...we dont do all inclusive so i diddnt take the meal plan as we are never at the hotel long enough to buy the food plan ...food was good tho...there are some good resturants with in walking distance ..and in town is only 5 min away ..20 pesos on a moto or 5us for taxi....there is a great german place in the center of town they have the best pizza...and just saw on our last night there they deliver too!!! lol
we enjoyed our stay and are goin back again
pm me if u have any other questions or email tracy_lynn23@yahoo.com

tracy

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
oh yeah

the best thing was there was free international calling all the time ...and free internet 24/7....and HOT showers!!!!!
tracy

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
In response to the 2 questions, walk along the beach into the town and rent a lounge chair or take a cab. The sand there is white and the surf not as rough as in front of the Ocean Manor. The Claro is a small but good restaurant in front of the El Magnifico which is also near Janet's which is a good supermarket in case you need anything. Both are about a 15 minute walk along the beach from Ocean Manor.

beautifulyou

Jan 31, 2008
Ocean Beach Resort

For thosethat love the resort how about a membership? We are living in ONtario, Canada and have a membership here as wel as Georgian Manor in Collingwod, ON. Our membership is for a 1 bedroom condo unit that can be upgraded. The buyout is $5200 CND and expires in February 2017. You will have access to the resorts 365 days of the year. You also would be entitled to a RCI membership that would allow you to bank your week with them and entitle you to travel anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.