Is there central sewers in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Depends on where you are......
Here in Juan Dolio it's all septics altho' word is we're getting central sewer lines and a treatment plant this year!!

When it rains....whew!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If you check out the search function (see 'SEARCH' box under your user name) you will find 137 threads about Sewage! As someone suggested before, there is a wealth of information on DR1 if you just spend a bit of time looking! ~ Grahame.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you check out the search function (see 'SEARCH' box under your user name) you will find 137 threads about Sewage! As someone suggested before, there is a wealth of information on DR1 if you just spend a bit of time looking! ~ Grahame.

Locaito, there are great resources on dr1 that can be of a big help to you. Instead of firing off a question every time something pops into your head, click the search button that is near the top of every page and see what is available. Chances are you will get a much more complete answer to your question than you will from a single post. Searching will also help you to refine your question so that you can be specific. For example, instead of asking if there are sewers in the DR and getting a yes and no answer, which is the correct answer for such a general question, you should have asked if there are sewers in whatever city you are planning to locate in.

Regarding sewers in Sosua, where I live, sewers have been available for a number of years, but people are just now being required to connect to them.

LOCAITO BLANCITO

Apr 2, 2007
Yes - we're not quite that backwards here!

It has nothing to do with backwards. In my area ( usa) it's commom to have a very expensive house with septic tanks. While a cheaper house near the city have sewer.

I guess it the same way in the DR. Know I know.

thanks

loco.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Wait till it rains....you'll figure it out.

The sewer system that exists in the city of Sto. Domingo is not capable of handing a moderate rainfall. The problem is the large amount of garbage on the streets that blocks the sewers.

C

Chip00

BTW - the article is referencing the storm sewer system, which is different than the sanitary sewer system that the OP was asking about.

As a civil engineer living in Santiago I know the referenced intersection well and can say that the storm sewer systems here leave much to be desired, that's for sure.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You know Locaito Blanco, now you're p'xxing me off. Bushbaby tells you to use the search function, Ken tells you to use the search function, I tell you to use the search function, but you're too arrogant and lazy to do it, and now you want to justify your position. These are members that have been on these boards for many years, and probably wrote the first posts about sewer systems in the DR. I distinctly remember a thread from Ken telling ALL about the sewer system in Sos?a and how to connect to it.
Get off your lazy butt and search before you ask a question again. Come back to the board with some knowledge already in your head - before DR1 members start ignoring you.

This is a rich resource that we have here. It would be a pity if you cannot use it.

Tug7777

Mar 17, 2018
You know Locaito Blanco, now you're p'xxing me off. Bushbaby tells you to use the search function, Ken tells you to use the search function, I tell you to use the search function, but you're too arrogant and lazy to do it, and now you want to justify your position. These are members that have been on these boards for many years, and probably wrote the first posts about sewer systems in the DR. I distinctly remember a thread from Ken telling ALL about the sewer system in Sos?a and how to connect to it.
Get off your lazy butt and search before you ask a question again. Come back to the board with some knowledge already in your head - before DR1 members start ignoring you.

This is a rich resource that we have here. It would be a pity if you cannot use it.
One lump or Two is this an open forum, im with the OP ask questions, dont croak the guy or girl case closed !

Status
Not open for further replies.