SDQ car rental counter closing times

macmasher

Jul 13, 2004
My SDQ arrival time is 10:50pm. Will ANY of the car rental counters be open by the time I get through customs (11:15pm-ish?).

If not, any relatively affordable very-near-SDQ hotels wher the wife and I can crash before picking up car in the morning. And I know this is a LONG shot, but any offering free shuttle service?

--------------

Polite note to the inevitable "don't rent" responders. ALL your points are (in advance) well taken. But I have rented and driven in the DR a half dozen times. I realize inherent risks, and am willing to endure them in exchange for the flexibility afforded by having a car.

macmasher

Jul 13, 2004
Thanks for the prompt reply

Looks like we'll just get a good nights sleep in BC or SD... and will return to pick up car in the AM.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Looks like we'll just get a good nights sleep in BC or SD... and will return to pick up car in the AM.

If you stay in SD and rent from National/Alamo you can pick up your vehicle in SD and return it to the airport rental office at no extra charge. The National/Alamo office is located at Maximo Gomez and Avenida Independecia.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
You may just want to go to your hotel and get a good nights sleep. Next day, just go back to the Airport $30 USD and get your car!

Enjoy your trip

macmasher

Jul 13, 2004
awesome advice

If you stay in SD and rent from National/Alamo you can pick up your vehicle in SD and return it to the airport rental office at no extra charge. The National/Alamo office is located at Maximo Gomez and Avenida Independecia.

THAT'S great advice. In fact, it reduced my weekly rental fees by avoiding $10 in misc airport rental fees. No add'l fee for city pick-up and SDQ drop-off either (as Bigbird said). AND I pay cab one-way instead of two-way.

Any hotel suggestions for the "Maximo Gomez and Avenida Independecia" area? Is it withing walking distance of El Conde?