Gun purchase " NO DEALER "?????

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I went to a gun dealer for get some quotes and was scared almost to death! First, there are limited number of companies to select from and the prices are about 400% more here than in the U.S.A. Is there a policy whereby you may purchse a weapon from a non-dealer ( persons not wanting their pistol anymore, a collector in need of cash electing to part with a weapon, a relative inherited a weapon from a deceased member and cannot afford to register)? Also, if you have a ccw permit and the weapon you are carrying was not yours, what is the most that can happen. If you were stopped had your ccw, but could not find your pistol permit what is the most that can happen?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Is it possible that you don't want to deal with a dealer because you are neither a Citizen nor a Permanent (not provisional) Resident?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
On the back of the carry permit it lists the make of the gun, the calibre, and the serial number of the gun.

Sep 19, 2005
what is the most that can happen. quote]

this leaves little to my imagination.....they beat you into a bloody mess....they take the gun and shoot you and say they saved the world from a maniac.....they ask for 3,000 pesos to look the other way...they take you to jail...and you got a future story for your grandkids in the making....

I dont have a difinitive answer, but am interested in hearing some...

I can tell you that guns are bought and sold between individuals all the time...wether those are legal or not, i am not sure....doesnt seem to bother those people, who have permits......youd think a person with a permit, would'nt need to be going on the sly....because they have the goverments blessing to carry.

bob

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can tell you that guns are bought and sold between individuals all the time...wether those are legal or not, i am not sure....doesnt seem to bother those people, who have permits......youd think a person with a permit, would'nt need to be going on the sly....because they have the goverments blessing to carry. QUOTE

If you read my previous post you would know that a permit is only good for the gun listed on the back of it. If someone did what you are talking about they would have to change the permit to fit the gun to be legal. Illegal arms are of course a different story and possibly a different thread.

Sep 19, 2005
Sky, you are correct. I talked to mu buddy today. When a sale like that happens the seller will write a reciept saying that SN xyz on this gun (description) is being sold to mr so and so , by me mr john doe. I THINK it is on a specific form...and that is what is used to go and re register the gun under the new owners name.

which leads to the other answers he seeks...if you have ANY gun on your person or in your possession that is NOT LISTED on your permit...you are going to jail. Because of the corrupt system...you might be able to buy your way out before you go very far...maybe not..

The law says you cannot carry someone elses gun...the well connected get to do almost anything though!

secondly....if you have your licensed gun with you, but dont have your permit..you will go to the police station, and they will make you have someone bring the permit to the station...if it matches the gun , you go free....no problems.

if you got stopped by the police with your buddies gun and you are licensed to carry...you go to the police station, if you can explain your self. and are lucky enough you can have your buddy come down and verify the gun is his.. they will match up the serial number with his permit....then they know the gun is legit....at that point my buddy says bribes will be neded from you both ...because they know no illegal activity is going down, but a law was broken. and cash will exchange hands.....thats the word i got.

no permit and a gun is an automatic jail......I hear there is no getting out of it....of course...we all know those situation are very dyanmic

I know id have no problem parting with 50,000 pesos to avoid a few weeks in jail waiting for a tril with a hired lawyer, and unknown possiblities.....

bob

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Is it possible that you don't want to deal with a dealer because you are neither a Citizen nor a Permanent (not provisional) Resident?
THE REASON IS THAT THE STORE DEALERS ARE ASKING EXORBATANT PRICES!

Sep 19, 2005
You seem to be making the assumtion that private parties dont know the guns have risen at the dealer. And as such their guns value went up with the dealers.....

just like a car the private sale doesnt get you much better a price...because the guy selling it knows its value....

I got a quote for sig sauer last year for 90,000 pesos...about triple its american value...but that inlcuded all the paper work and scheduling of the drug test, and making sure everythign went smoothly....

I dont know who much all that is worth, or wether the gun would be cheaper to someone who already had a permit.

good luck

if you get a good deal

make sure you get them to sign the proper transfer papers.....to prove you are not buying a hot gun..

I know someone who bought a hot unregistered gun down there

Browning High power knock off...maybe a $400 gun in america...so a $1200US gun in the DR.....thats 38,400 pesos...but this guy only paid 19,000RD pesos.......

so if you get a good deal...be wary

bob

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
If you want to buy a second hand gun from any person with a valid license it is required to transfer the licenses from the previous ownwer to you.
Of course, you should be a permanent resident or citizen to do that.
I did that, and I think I paid 14,000 pesos for the transfer about one and half year ago, and had to go to Santo Domingo three times to get the job done...

Ben

C

Chip00

Yes the SOB's who have gun shops here are criminals. This is what happens when there is little competition.

I have a lawyer friend in Santiago that you could call if you speak Spanish. He is also HB's lawyer and as decent as a person as one cann find - God bless him! Send me a pm if interested.