Best Chinese restaurant in Santaigo

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Name : Super Rico

Location : calle Duarte on left right after Shell gas station just before crossing Las Carreras.

New , about 2 month ago. Hight quality , moderate prices.

I went there 4 times, there is no other chinese retaurant in Santiago.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Well then.............

..............there has to be at least 4, since I know of at least 3 others.....I'll have to try this one too...........

There is one on the autopista leaving Santiago toward the airport on the right side, there is one in the hotel near the monument, there is one in the mall up from Burger King..................

........these are Chinese restaurants.......not just small "chicken places" which are run by Chinese.........of which Santiago has many....and they do make excellent fried chicken and fried rice.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is one on the Duarte Park, on the opposite side from the Cathedral
There is one in Los Jardines, behind the Banco Le?n that is on 27 de Febrero
There is the PEZ DORADO, the most famous restaurant in Santiago!!

So there are perhaps seven...

HB

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
I don't understand !

What are we talking about? The best restaurant not a listing of Chinese restaurants in STG.

autopista leaving Santiago toward the airport.

It is a comedor , a Chinese comedor , I think the Chinese chef, if any left china a century ago.

there is one in the hotel near the monument
It is a fast food.A Chinese fast food not a restaurant.

there is one in the mall up from Burger King..................

Yes Plaza International. a fast food with a cup of tea in a foam cup at 50 pesos. Chinese food not too bad but very expensive for what you get.
And you are only in a shopping center.

Los jardines
Nothing is chinese but the name. This is really a dominican restaurant with chinese flavor.
Chinese as Baldom chinese salsa.

Pez Dorado
Calle del Sol, I have never been there . Because it looks a formal chinese restaurant where only the bill push to tell you it is good.

Super Rico
It is real a restaurant. It is real chinese, chinese test. Not a Roland's chinses salsa.
half Bejing roasted duck for around Pesos 400 with tea.(enought for two people).
Let us know a better chinese restaurant in Santiago.?

P.

C

Chip00

I don't understand !

What are we talking about? The best restaurant not a listing of Chinese restaurants in STG.

Hey I'm confused - you said "there is no other chinese retaurant in Santiago" so what do you think people are going to respond with?

BTW if you want to distinguish between a "nice" restaurant and a "not so nice" restaurant simply say "a fine dining Chinese restaurant".

Also, there is a chinese restaurant on la 27 right past El Leon Jimenez on the right hand side and the food is equal to the food found in many Chinese RESTAURANTS throughout the US, thank you.:)

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
want to distinguish between a "nice" restaurant and a "not so nice" restaurant simply say "a fine dining Chinese restaurant".

But Chip00 a restaurant is not ''nice'' or "not so nice" but with good food or not so good.
Concerning Super Rico , they offer a real Chinese food.
Other restaurants mentioned offer a Chinese flavor food.

2 or 3 year ago on Las Carreras you had what you call a ''not so nice restaurant" but the food was more than great.
It is easy:When you see Chinese family in a Chinese restaurant you can't be at the wrong place.

Thank you for the last address on Jimenez I did not know. I will try.

P.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Regarding the PEZ DORADO:
It has been in the same Chinese family for more than 50 years.
They are no longer the cooks but they have trained their cooks.
They can serve you as authentic a meal as you are willing to pay for.
However, because staying in business is important, their menu includes a wide range of dishes. Their servings are very large and the prices are fair.
They also have perhaps the best wine celler in Santiago, but I make no pretense of knowing much about wines.
It is not a restaurant for just anyone.

HB

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Jade Express isn't "just a fast food", it can be great. Try the broccoli chicken.
Pez Dorado: I've been going there for 27 years. It's Chinese owned and the Chinese parts of the menu are great. The rest is great as well, and the ambiance is of East 63rd St. NYC.
Thanks for the tip on the new one on Duarte. I'll try it.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Hillbilly,

I will try Pez Dorado as soon as return to Santiago. (10 years ago at the same location El Yaque restaurant)

Tuan
Give your opinion after visiting Super Rico.
You are right Jade is a fast food ambiance but the Chinese food is fine.
Better quality than others.
But you know , talking about Chinese food I prefer compare with Mr Ouchiquin in Mandalay, Tiu Tiuk in Taundwiggy than East 63rd St. NYC.
-)
P.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I will try Pez Dorado as soon as return to Santiago. (10 years ago at the same location El Yaque restaurant)

HUH?

Pez Dorado has been there for more than 40 years...

Or were you referring to someplace else?

In NYC, try the place up on Amsterdam between 80 and 80 st...

HB

C

Chip00

But Chip00 a restaurant is not ''nice'' or "not so nice" but with good food or not so good.
Concerning Super Rico , they offer a real Chinese food.
Other restaurants mentioned offer a Chinese flavor food.

2 or 3 year ago on Las Carreras you had what you call a ''not so nice restaurant" but the food was more than great.
It is easy:When you see Chinese family in a Chinese restaurant you can't be at the wrong place.

Thank you for the last address on Jimenez I did not know. I will try.

P.

Don - I was merely explaining to you how it is commonly explained in English. :)

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
thank you for sharing that with us sounds great i will have to check that place out i love Chinese food thanks.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Certainly Not The Best

Name : Super Rico... Hight quality , moderate prices.

I went there for lunch recently.
The ambience is elegant, the service very attentive.
They shouldn't have asked me about the food, though.

I had sweet and sour pork, which obviously had not had sufficient time in the microwave.
All right, they put it in once more... :pirate:

A place for business people without much interest in the food they eat.

m'frog

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Regarding the PEZ DORADO:
It has been in the same Chinese family for more than 50 years.
They are no longer the cooks but they have trained their cooks.
They can serve you as authentic a meal as you are willing to pay for.
However, because staying in business is important, their menu includes a wide range of dishes. Their servings are very large and the prices are fair.
They also have perhaps the best wine celler in Santiago, but I make no pretense of knowing much about wines.
It is not a restaurant for just anyone.

HB
You're bringing back good memories HB. 10/15 years ago it was a "must stop" for all business owners from Sosua who went to Santiago to buy stuff. I've never been in there without meeting someone from Sosua. Must say haven't been there in years but it will go on one of my next trips. Gonna try out Super Rico too.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Now there are two good recommendations!! And i was planning to visit the restaurant suggested by the OP, today. What a world of coincidence!!

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is called Sushi Ya, on the corner of Metropolitana and Calle 10 (the one that goes down form the Gran Almirante).

I am no sushi expert, but it was good eating.

HB