Kite Surf Competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Does anyone know the date on which the Kite Surf Competitions will be held this year in Cabarete?

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
Hey the maid that I had at Villa Rosada while there and the Manager said their brother and nephew were really good and were or had been champions... their names were Jose-Luis Cirracio and his nephew..OMG forgot his name... does anyone know them? Are they that good? I know they came to teach us and they really stood out from the other people we seen.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Jose Luis is without a doubt one of the top kiters indeed. He rides for Redbull amongst others.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Hehe, I wish Steve. I guess I am like 15 years older then the guy. Maybe your kids one day. ;)

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
Thats so cool to know, Jose Luis was the brother of the Manager and the Maid, however the maids son, his nephew beat him this year and is the champion? Thats what they both told me.... They were such awesome guys

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you Werner

Werner,
Thank you for the info. Too bad my son will be in Cabarete from June 3rd to the 16th, he would have loved to see it.
You seem to be a good kiter, can you advise which is the best kite school in Cabarete.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
The Kitelounge on Kitebeach.

Where does he stay?

By the way, some of the competitors are Dominican and some others are coming reasonable early to Cabarete. He will see enough to get inspired. ;)

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
The Kitelounge on Kitebeach.

Where does he stay?

By the way, some of the competitors are Dominican and some others are coming reasonable early to Cabarete. He will see enough to get inspired. ;)

He will be staying at our condo at Cabarete East Condominiums. He took 3 lessons 4 years ago but needs a refresher or probably all new lessons as those lessons never got him off the beach....

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Then he doesnt need all new lessons. Just as you say, refresh his memory a bit, go over the safety system of the kite and he will be on the water in a hour.
Just send me a pm and I can hook up with him. I am a IKO instructor at The Kitelounge. He can also talk with Sven on arrival. Sven is the partner of Francoise (manager at Cabarete East) and is the manager of The Kitelounge.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Werner,
Thank you so much, I do know Sven and will have my son contact you prior to arrival.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Werner, do you (or anyone else reading this thread) know anyone who is a decent kite surfer, who would like to 'pose' for me one day when I'm there at the end of the month? My first attempt at taking kite shots were pretty poor but the last couple of times were much better as I'm getting a better idea as to how people take off etc. If I was able to discuss with someone before they went out what types of stunts they would do, it would help. I'd supply a copy of the best images, full size, for them in return. Able to do big jumps etc definate, able to speak English a bonus... able to consume a couple of Presidentes in the evening an advantage!

Alternatively, do you know this guy? He quite clearly knew he was being photographed and was happy enough because he kept returning to jump in front of me!

412667109_350bd78602_o.jpg

422596104_b2e050c8c5.jpg

412667547_8a1d9dd426.jpg

412667316_518394ab51.jpg

If he is local, please say 'thanks' from me and ask if he fancies putting on a 'planned' show!!

PS Pretty girls who can do big jumps and would like some photos taken would be the ideal!

Feel free to pm me or e-mail keith.fitton[at]manx.net (with 'kitesurf' in the subject line so my SPAM filter doesn't grab them).

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Hi Keith

When are you coming here? Just let me know and hook up with me. I know a handfull of locals that are on worldtop level. As you say, they like to show of in front of camera's. I also know some pro photographers that can give you some tips I guess.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Thanks Werner,

I'll be there for a week, from a week on Wednesday (25th). Getting some shots of top lads would be great, as would meeting up with some pro-photographers... and of course, people who fancy a beer!

I've sent you an e-mail too.

Status
Not open for further replies.