Car rental in santiago

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I will be spending Christmas and New years in Santiago with my wife and kids.
I need to know if there is a car rental place in the city of santiago. i know Avis used to have one. is it still there.

May 12, 2005
I just used Adventure too. Friendly and good service. I would reccomend them, especially if you need a jeepeta.

Sep 19, 2005
Most of the rental companies Id bet are on the road to the airport and at the airport itself. Although I have seen at least a few in Satiago itself( as the Airport is actually in LiCey Al Medio.) I would guess there are at least a dozen rental car companies with in a half mile of the airport on the connector road to Route 1. Avis has an office, Budget, Europecar, Savings rental car, adventure rental car. Most of the others are small one off companies who might have 3-8 cars...... One new one i have a card for is E_Zcar rentalk 809-612-6332...he had a few SUVs.

I always have rented from Savings rental Car 1809-586-0217..is the main number...they call me the president of the company. I dont mind saying I have had some issues with the vehicles...but they came through and come to pick up the car i had and exchanged it out on the road for another...they bend over backwards for me...they do that because they dont spend a ton of money on new cars...they are usually 3-4 years old.... I pay about $50-70 for cars from other companies that have newer ones that run $115 per day...and so i deal with a few issues....Hey I know customer service in the DR is hard to come by...so if you get a good tip on a company, that should mean a lot....look up some older threads and see what others have said about their rental comapnies and pick the one you feel the best about.

bob