Santo Dominigo to Santiago

J

jque

Anyone know if there's a bus that connects the two cities? What's the best and safest way to get to there by public transportation?

May 12, 2005
Yes, either Metro or Caribe tours will take you there for a few hundred pesos. It will take about 2 hours or so depending on traffic and road conditions. The buses are modern comfortable and air conditioned. You will not be disapointed, simply the best way to travel between cities.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
wear a sweater!!

If you take Caribe, wear a sweater--I was on that bus last month and it was so cold--the air-conditioning was up full-blast--everyone was freezing and apparently it is like that all the time!! Great way to travel though--even showed a movie.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I don't remember where I found Caribe Tour website but they have one. Google it. Canbon is absolutely correct. Those buses are SUB FREEZING!!! Don't sit near the vent in the middle of the bus or you will really be sorry.

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Where does one buy a last minute ticket to travel between these 2 cities? How many buses a day ??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are hourly buses from each terminal.

There is also AETRA BUS, which is cheaper, not as spiffy, but just as fast.

Plus : Transporte Espinal.

Usually from maybe 5 in the morning until 8 or 9 at night....depending on which bus line you choose.

Any taxi driver knows where the different buses are located.

HB

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Yes, either Metro or Caribe tours will take you there for a few hundred pesos. It will take about 2 hours or so depending on traffic and road conditions. The buses are modern comfortable and air conditioned. You will not be disapointed, simply the best way to travel between cities.

I would say possibly even less than a few hundred - it cost me 275 pesos from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Last time I used them:
Metro: RD$240 to Sto Dgo
Caribe Tours: RD$200 to Sto Dgo
Transporte Espinal: RD$200 to Sto Dgo
AETRA Bus: RD$165 to Santiago (and they left me off where I wanted to be left off...)

HB

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
Does anyone know where the bus terminal for Aetra is in Santo Domingo? I know where it is in Santiago but I can't find any web page.