What are the gun laws in the Dominican?

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Quick question....What are the gun laws in the Dominican? Is it fully legal for a foreigner to cary a pistol on his waist and go out side?

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
do you fell lucky punk?well do ya?

Quick question....What are the gun laws in the Dominican? Is it fully legal for a foreigner to cary a pistol on his waist and go out side?
know lots of forigners with legal held guns and yes they carry them around with them.
me personally i cannot advise you as to the procedure of accuiring one)mines an illegal one) JOKE!!!!!:cheeky: but dont believe its soooooooo difficult.

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
know lots of forigners with legal held guns and yes they carry them around with them.
me personally i cannot advise you as to the procedure of accuiring one)mines an illegal one) JOKE!!!!!:cheeky: but dont believe its soooooooo difficult.

And does this apply to all firearms? Or is there some of gun licence that you would need to get to make it legal

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Sorry I just seen that their was a thread opened about this topic...Im sorry I really should look around alittle better

Sep 20, 2003
San Cristobal Submachine gun

Is it possible to legally own a machine gun in the Dominican Republic? I have read about machine gun toting body guards in the country( An Israeli was once mentioned on the forums as having a tripod mounted heavy machine gun(20MM?) on the North Coast).

I would like to purchase a Trujillo Era San Cristobal submachine gun. Is it possible to buy a SCSMG that has been deactivated? Could I legally own something like that? Would I be allowed to take a deactivated(is that the correct word?) SMG out of the DR as a collector?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In the Dominican what?
What country are you referring to?

m'frog
I couldn't help but to notice.
I'm too tired to explain to him that the country is called the Dominican Republic, or the DR, and that "the Dominican" is a person.
Would you mind doing it for me, please?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You
first need a residency, then a firearms permit.

Not temporary, but a Permanent Residence or you have to be a citizen. This has been covered many times here. Like someone said, use the search feature.

mrkrsll

Apr 14, 2007
Not temporary, but a Permanent Residence or you have to be a citizen. This has been covered many times here. Like someone said, use the search feature.

Yeah I already corrected this .......The fourth reply!!!! ;)

Again..Sorry about this i'll try my best to not let it happen again :)

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
As mentioned you need your residency and to own a gun (restricted to acalibre no bigger than 9mm for sem-auto or a shotgun), then you need a 'Licencia de Tenencia' to own the gun to have in your house or place of work or carry locked in the storage bin of your car between the 2 places. If you want to carry the gun, you need a 'Addendum Autorizado para Porte'. However, if you are not army / police, this is not supposed to be visible, but should be word under the shirt....Yes, I know a lot of people disregard the rules. Under no conditions are you allowed to take your gun in to a place that serves alcohol.

FOr the machine guns. Theoretically is possible to have a machine gun in the Dominican Republic. The law says that under special ciscunstances you can have an special caliber/type gun. But theres a problem about it. As soon as you are issued with a permit to have that firearm, the property of it pass to the Dominican Republic goverment, and in special circunstaces the firearm can be taken from you with no explanation at all.

If you are planning to get a machine gun better get a Glock and a FSS-G selector. You can make a full auto from a regular semi-auto. :)

Sep 19, 2005
lots of crazy info gets passed around. And it probably comes from the fact that almost anything CAN GO in the DR..all depending on who you are and who you know, and how lucky you are...mix that in with corrupt cops...and absolutely every imaginable scenario can happen.

as far as the law...

my buddy who works in the goverment, and has a psitol permit.....got into an altercation with a guy over a parking spot. It had to do with alloted spots for his buisness some how. The other guy pulled a gun and stuck in his waist in front of him as they argued..He might have said something about its possible use...I cant remember for sure about that part.....but it was obvious that the guy was trying to intimidate my friend. Who unbelievably said
"I too have a pistol in my car, I can go get it and we can shoot it out, and i gauarantee you , you will loosse , because i am on the national pistol team"...it being unbelievable , because i dont understand how someone would wait around for all that to happen.. ha ha ha

What my buddy did do was call the police and report that the guy was "showing" his pistol. As it so happened there was a new law that had been passed only a week BEFORE!!!!! that made it illegal to show a weapon like that.....and sure enough the other guy left, but the police tracked him down and he lost his pistol. And had to go to court. I dont know how it all ended....but he was going to court to try and keep his permit and get the pistol back.

I seriously doubt machine guns are legal to civilians...seeing as rifle are not even legal to civilians.......but strangers things have happened in the DR.

bob

As i stated before, they are legal ONLY under SPECIAL ciscusntances. Now, this is not something you will go and get as milk in the supermarket. But as all of you already now this is the DR (all depends on who you know and how you a$k).

For further information look on Secretar?a de Estado de Interior y Polic?a thas the website of the department of Interior y Policia and they are the ones in charge of expedit gun permits. From that website you can download the guun law of the DR as well and see the Special Permit category.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rifles are in fact Legal in the DR. You can buy one here if you have your papers in orderl

Armas DE Fuego
Av.Francia No. 101 SD
809-221-9042 221-9045

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Have a 12 ga. Mossberg! No "papers"! Anybody Wanna Come And Take It???

:eek:gre: :eek:gre: :eek:gre: :cheeky: :cheeky: ;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sep 19, 2005
:eek:gre: :eek:gre: :eek:gre: :cheeky: :cheeky: ;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

your gonna put your eye out one day!!!!!!!!

do you carry that when you give your best George Foreman speech..." I am NOT going to pay a lot for this....(fill in the blank) at the ladys club down the street from you???

ha ha ha

bob

Sep 20, 2003
I'm not really interested in owning a MG for personal protection. I'm interested in buying a SCSMG to add to my Trujillo collection.

Does anyone know the regualtions on taking a deactivated firearm out of the country? I would prefer to keep the weapon in the DR, fully functional, if only for the sake of historic preservation. But, if not, I'll try to take a deactivated one out of the the country( but only if it is legal).

Thanks for the information posted so far.