Canadian Immigration

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
information please

Does anyone have the phone number to make an appointment with clinic Abreu in Santo Domingo?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
809-688-4411
Beller #42, esq Av.Independencia
Gazcue, Santo Domingo

.... and by the way, i just googled it - easy as pie!

Marlie

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hi there,

I have received approval from CIC about my sponsorship at the beginning of March. In the letter I received, they mention they forward my package to Haiti. I have read on this web site from people doing the canada immigration that they check their status on a website to see if it their package was received or reviewed. What web site would that be? How do you access it? Can someone who knows PM me please.

Thanks

Isabelle

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Thanks Anna

When I put in my client Id it tells me my sponsorship has been approved but there is no info telling me if Haiti received my husband's permanent residence application.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Hi Isabelle.
I received notice here in Toronto I was approved in December. The e-client service for immigration was not updated by Haiti until March 15th. So it takes sometime.
Hope this helps.
Sandy

chago

Feb 22, 2007
They do not update the online status the next thing you will recieve is thatt they have received the medical and that will not be for months. They will only contact by mail and you will have no notification of sent or recieved letters. You will rarely if ever recieve confirmation if you email them as wewell. Basically you wait. You will here no confirmations adn if you do contact you they may lie to you and say they have sent something when that really is not the case. Good luck but do not hold your beathe. My online status has been updates twice in a year and I do not expect to hear anything else..

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chago can you post the link to the online status so I can add that somewhere in the stickies

Thanks

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Isabelle,
I'm going through the process as well. In November I received the letter from Toronto stating that I have been approved and that the package was sent to Haiti. But then i didn't see anything on the website until March 28. And it just says "In Process", thats all it will say. But i've heard from others that there is a large delay in updating online. This means that they could have started processing your applications already a month or so ago, but haven't updated online yet. Thats what i've heard from others that have gone through the situation. But you just keep checking on that same website, and one day it will change. Also, i got my MP to check the status of our application in January, and they told me that the medical had been received but i have never received any type of notification of this, so I wouldn't expect a letter or anything in the mail. I know someone who recently sponsored her husband and their process took 9 months. Some are shorter, but i'd expect to wait that long at least. So, maybe you're hubby will be here by Christmas or New Years or hopefully shortly after!! Buena suerte!!

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Just so you know.. In the first couple weeks of March we sent to haiti the information that had been requested about my husbands birth declaration. We heard nothing as usual and were waiting to receive notice that he had to take the second medical. Our MP had conacted Haiti and had said they had sent something March 23. We kept checking the mail and nothing. So a wek ago I contacted my mp again. She again contacted Haiti and they gave her the same response. I was ****ed so I went to the embasy here. After waiting two hours to talk to Laura she said she would look into what was happening. "Love Laura" Well Haiti lost my husands passport and letter so we have been waiting this time for nothing. They promised to replace the passport but it just menaqt more time and work for us. They then called the next day to say they found my husbands passport so he can finally take the second medical..Lesson: Insist, insist and then insist more.. Call, write, get answers... I had been told this was not the first time this has happened. Makes you think.. As for the website link here yah go... CIC Canada | Main Menu then go to online services at the top and fill in your info.. At first you can only sign in with the Canadian's name and information..When it has been moved and you egt your first letter from Haiti you can sign in with the Dominican's name and the file number that they will give you in the letter satrting with B.. Good luck to all....

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Chago,
When did you get your first letter from Haiti? Was it a letter stating that they had received the papers or what? I haven't received anything yet and our papers have been in Haiti since November and on the website it says In Process. I'm just wondering if i should be expecting a letter of some sort from Haiti because i'd like the new file # (B). What do you mean in your post when you said..."when it has been moved"???? (and u get your first letter from Haiti)? Just wondering what you mean by moved.
Thanks 4 ur help.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Does anyone know for sure if there are rules against giving a Dominican a visitors visa for Canada once the immigration papers have been filed?

chago

Feb 22, 2007
Chago,
When did you get your first letter from Haiti? Was it a letter stating that they had received the papers or what? I haven't received anything yet and our papers have been in Haiti since November and on the website it says In Process. I'm just wondering if i should be expecting a letter of some sort from Haiti because i'd like the new file # (B). What do you mean in your post when you said..."when it has been moved"???? (and u get your first letter from Haiti)? Just wondering what you mean by moved.
Thanks 4 ur help.

Sorry I do not know why I said moved.. I meant copied. But it is with the file number. (B000-0000) is how you get any info from embassy. In July my husbands papers were received and it stated. In process. Nothing until November it stated they received the medical which had been done in March. It was in Dec. they sent the first letter which we received in Jan. (MAIL hhmmm) This is letter I was talking about asking for a copy of his Birth Certificate. In Feb 20ish we received another letter asking for proof of his birth. School records, baptism etc. We received no notice at any time they received anything from us and nothing has ever changed on our online status. You know the rest of the story. Hope this helps..

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Yes thanks Chago. I was under the impression that you had been sent a letter from Haiti of confirmation or something. Thanks 4 clearing that up!

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
My Husband's interview

Hi All

Just to let you know that my husband had his interview last week. I went with him to the embassy where I sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes while the lady interviwed him. Then she came to get me and topl me that with the evidence she had she believed our relationship was real and she would emit the visa.

All she had to do was take the passport back to Haiti, then they would do a security check or something and we should have the visa in 2 weeks. Does anyone know what the security check consists of since they already have the police certificate?

Thanks

Isabelle

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Wow Isabelle, congrats. YOu must be so excited!!! Please, if you don't mind, keep me posted as to how long they take with your husbands passport. They asked my husband to drop his off, and he did on June 6th, but we don't know if it was for the visa or not. He has yet to hear anything. So i'm just curious. Thanks so much. And congrats again!!! How long was your entire process?

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Dchenriquez, I will let you know how long it takes. The lady doing the interview said about 2 weeks....you never know with them.

The process up to now took about 6 months but until I have my husband beside me I won't consider it finish. The lady did says that if your paperwork was done correctly the first time it was much faster.

wsj3

Sep 16, 2004
Congrats.

I hope that you and your husband have a long and happy life together.