International Capital Markets Issuance by Dominican Companies

Market Economy

May 9, 2006
Recently, two Dominican companies (Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana & EgeHaina) have issued debt in the international capital markets. According to market sources, the issues have been highly sucessful and sometimes oversubscribed several times over.

My question to for the post is the following: is this a reflection of market conditions (abundant liquidity) or just simply that Dominican companies are improving their profile and are graduating to the international capital markets?

Note: This is my personal opinion, an should not constitute investment advice. E-mail me at my personal address if you want to develop a dialogue.

engels64

Feb 27, 2007
Recently, two Dominican companies (Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana & EgeHaina) have issued debt in the international capital markets. According to market sources, the issues have been highly sucessful and sometimes oversubscribed several times over.

My question to for the post is the following: is this a reflection of market conditions (abundant liquidity) or just simply that Dominican companies are improving their profile and are graduating to the international capital markets?

Note: This is my personal opinion, an should not constitute investment advice. E-mail me at my personal address if you want to develop a dialogue.

I think Dominican companies are definitely improving their business profile. Globalization is almost a necessity these days. Companies have to tap into global markets in order to remain successful and in order to grow. I think this is just the beginning of a trend. Many Dominican companies will take advantage of economic conditions to tap into US and Global markets in order to raise capital.

Market Economy

May 9, 2006
I think engels64 hit it in the bullseye. Having a stock market presence raises a company's profile many times over.