New topic.....love or lust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Now would someone think of something interesting to post.

You know, I was thinking about machismo and male chauvinism and its roots ("Big bad boys" ;)) . Where did it come from and why does it still exist? Why we all (well, some of us) realize it is wrong and still things are the way they are. I know this is out of this thread's subject and am not really sure if it is interesting to anyone here. Well, I might find out if someone replies ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
You know, I was thinking about machismo and male chauvinism and its roots ("Big bad boys" ;)) . Where did it come from and why does it still exist?

.... we all (well, some of us) realize it is wrong ... I'm not complaining nor do I think it's wrong.
That's the way God wanted it and we like it that way. :rambo:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
That's the way God wanted it and we like it that way. :rambo:

Yeh, right: It's YOU (big bad boys) like it this way! I guess starting a thread about it would not be a good idea ;)

Can we then talk about different kinds of LOVE. Like differences between true love and care and then the other kind where a guy just really wants it ;) How do you tell him that you know and can tell the difference without being rude or offensive?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Avrora - if a guy is just looking to score - why on earth do you care about being nice??? Stop worrying about hurting his feelings he obviously doesn't care about yours!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... Can we then talk about different kinds of LOVE. Like differences between true love and care and then the other kind where a guy just really wants it ;) How do you tell him that you know and can tell the difference without being rude or offensive?
So now you want us engage in conversation with you? ... you women are never satisfied. ;)

Btw, guys are never offended ... just keep trying.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yeh, right: It's YOU (big bad boys) like it this way! I guess starting a thread about it would not be a good idea ;)

Can we then talk about different kinds of LOVE. Like differences between true love and care and then the other kind where a guy just really wants it ;) How do you tell him that you know and can tell the difference without being rude or offensive?

Just wants it? I think that's called lust not love and unless you are enjoying the lust with him it's ok to tell him to get lost if that's not what you want. ;)

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Avrora - if a guy is just looking to score - why on earth do you care about being nice??? Stop worrying about hurting his feelings he obviously doesn't care about yours!

Good point, in that situation there are no feelings to hurt!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Can we then talk about different kinds of LOVE. Like differences between true love and care and then the other kind where a guy just really wants it How do you tell him that you know and can tell the difference without being rude or offensive?

....and I would hope that you are just talking about Dominican men when you suggest this topic as this is a DR related forum and not for just any conversations, otherwise there are many sites on the internet (I am assuming;) ) where you can find your answers!

Marlie

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
....and I would hope that you are just talking about Dominican men when you suggest this topic as this is a DR related forum and not for just any conversations, otherwise there are many sites on the internet (I am assuming;) ) where you can find your answers!

Marlie

Yes, I am talking about Dominican men. I would not have asked this question here otherwise. Thanks for your replies. See, I am always way too diplomatic and too nice. They think I am lying to them but I just pretty much don't want to hurt them. But you, guys, are right. What is there to hurt if there does not seem to be a feeling involved ;) I guess I have to keep on trying ...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They??????????

Yes, I am talking about Dominican men. I would not have asked this question here otherwise. Thanks for your replies. See, I am always way too diplomatic and too nice. They think I am lying to them but I just pretty much don't want to hurt them. But you, guys, are right. What is there to hurt if there does not seem to be a feeling involved ;) I guess I have to keep on trying ...

How many Dominican guys are you lusting with? :laugh:

Honey if you don't keep your legs crossed of course they will think you are lying.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I was tempted to ask the same question, but was afraid of being labeled an agent provocateur again.

It appears there were quite a few Dominican suitors on your DR trip ... just say "NO". ;)

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Men need to keep the species going so they will impregnate as many women as they can. They look for a woman who they think will be a good mother and a woman generally I use this term very loosely here--- will look for a partner who will be a good provider---- I don't know how a motorconcho driver can fulfill that requirement but .......lords knows some women do. I guess the ripped up buff bodies symbolize a hard worker.

My 2 cents

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
How many Dominican guys are you lusting with? :laugh:

Honey if you don't keep your legs crossed of course they will think you are lying.

Just one :) I did keep my legs crossed, but for one moment there when he took me to the emergency room with a cut on my knee and spent whole lots of time with me in general - I thought he truly cares. Now I am just not totally sure he does, that is all. That is where that question came from :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Just one :) I did keep my legs crossed, but for one moment there when he took me to the emergency room with a cut on my knee and spent whole lots of time with me in general - I thought he truly cares. Now I am just not totally sure he does, that is all. That is where that question came from :)

At that moment he did care but that doesn't spell "FOREVER LOVE";)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
At that moment he did care but that doesn't spell "FOREVER LOVE";)

I know, he keeps on giving me some regular sankie BS lines although we just met (about marriage, family, etc. - I am not planning any of that any time soon, just got out of one ;) ). He is sort of testing me or something. I have no idea what that means. How can I tell him to stop that without being rude????

Sep 19, 2005

I didnt think there were different kinds of love....outside of family vs a mate.

as far as being rude, telling him he is being rude.....when he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes.....

dont worry about it.

bob

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
See, he has a visa to travel to the US and does not need anything from me that is for sure. But I hate being tested; hate being under microscope feeling like a microbe. I could never stand it for a long time and in most cases screwed up all of the answers and ended everything :ermm: That is why I don't like to date men. Because they make me feel like I am a little silly guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.