Dominican from New York Seeks Friends in Santo Domingo.

Rosanna

Apr 28, 2007
I am a naturalized New Yorker originally from Dominican
Republic.
I have been away for almost 10 years and went back to
Dominican Republic last February.
It took me almost 2 months before I finally found an apartment.I've been away so long, it is hard for me to find my way around.
I'll be staying in Santo Domingo for the next 4-6 months.
I guess I forgot how it was before and got used to all the comforts of living in the USA, I find living in DR somewhat difficult.Unfortuantely most of my old friends I used to know have moved out. I would like to hear from Americans and Dominicans in Santo Domingo interested in platonic friendship.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rosana: It might help if you told us more or less where you are located and what your job is. You know, nothing too specific, but just to get a feel for where you are coming from.

There are hundreds of board members in Santo Domingo both Dominican and foreign.

BTW, you are suffering from what is known as reverse Culture Shock....you 'think' you know all about the DR, butwhenyou get back here, the reality is SO different.

Especially in STO DGO.....What a mess that city is. Yesterday it took out Metro bus over 22 minutes just to get from the Metro Station to the JFK avenue to get outta town!!!

Welcome to the board and welcome back...you can always get a cuppa coffee here in Santiago!!!

HB

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Rosana, i'll be at el caucho hotel in Boca Chica 5/2-5/7. Jerome is my first name...Kyle is my middle name...come on over for a presidente !!!!

Sep 19, 2005
interesting move Rosana. I am sure over time you will get to meet a bunch of the forum members from the capitol area. And for sure they will be able to help with some things. What was the pull back to the DR?. And it seems like you have extended plans that dont involve the capitol possibly after 4-6 months. What are your long term goals? I am always curious as to why non retiring people settle in the DR.......buisness, a loved one, certain expectations?. I think that with the political climate just being gobe 4 years can make a huge difference in what that country seems to one person....Just think how the liquor curfew has changed the DR in less than one year!

good luck..and sorry I couldnt help more.

maybe you can join me and my GF for a baseball game next fall, for sure Ill visit the capitol again then.

bob

Sep 19, 2005
rough crowd, ho ho ho...well now i have to go sit with Imus..

.....does it matter? one of these, then the next two like that, then what??? the city next to the Osama River?

the worst that could happen, is you make fun of me...:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
PS I cant be bothered with checking my work ha ha ha
B*D BOB

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can we leave Bob alone and see how many are going to have a get together with this new memeber. ;)

Isn't it time for SD to have a DR1 get toegther? It's been a while hasn't it. ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Opps, O mossod ono vowol ... thonks Kod. Btw, thot shoold bo olphobot.

Onof now :)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
I thought only 'As' were in short supply. But Bob's been o good sport. Now, if he could only give up guns...

well.....dont give me too much credit....

I have been quietly RELOADING all week....:surprised :surprised :surprised

guns dont kill....

chastized, belittled, bitter, short tempered, wackos, do though.......:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

ha ha ha

I am not in the DR, but it is a perfect day here up in NY!!!

have a good day

bob