Which jobs make a good wage besides teaching English??

catsmeow

Apr 29, 2007
Saludos!!
I studied in la capital in 2001 and have been wanting to go back since then..But I have a liberal arts degree- not a professional or technical degree- and I don't want to teach English...Are there any options for me besides working in tourism?? I am bilingual and have social work experience...
Gracias por su ayuda!

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Saludos!!
I studied in la capital in 2001 and have been wanting to go back since then..But I have a liberal arts degree- not a professional or technical degree- and I don't want to teach English...Are there any options for me besides working in tourism?? I am bilingual and have social work experience...
Gracias por su ayuda!

With Hi- speed internet you can work from any where in the world as long as you have a computer and you can make US wages

catsmeow

Apr 29, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions! Globalmike295- any suggestions on American companies/types of jobs that might be more likely than others to be so flexible? Thanks!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
With Hi- speed internet you can work from any where in the world as long as you have a computer and you can make US wages

Please elaborate. I have quoted my US rates to RD companies...and their jaws drop at what i typicaly get. I am talking web based and graphics work. Here in the US freelance starts around $40 usd an hr (low end) up to $150 an hr.

(oh..i am open to making less if i can get a job in santo domingo)

L

LarrySpencer

Mike, just keep in mind that your local doctor will charge about $300 (13,000 pesos) for a procedure that in the United States would cost about $20,000. Hopefully that gives you a pretty good idea of how much services are worth around here. If you can find a way to work with the US, that is by far the best option for you.