Common-law partner /visa canada

caro

Sep 24, 2003
hi

I will like to know if someone have do it that way for asking a visa for the canada ?

I live in dr and could be a futur possibility for me so I will like to know experience of people who have do it that way.

I have some question about the process too but will wait to see if i have answer to my thread.

thank

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
While you are waiting for someone who has gone through the process here is what is on the website.

Common-law partner

You are a common-law partner?either of opposite sex or same-sex?if you have been living with your sponsor in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. The year of living together must be a continuous 12-month period and cannot be intermittent periods that add up to one year. However, you are allowed temporary absences for short periods of time for business travel or family reasons.
You will have to provide documents that prove that you and your common-law partner have combined your affairs and have set up your household together in one home. This could include:
  • joint bank accounts or credit cards;
  • joint ownership of a home;
  • joint residential leases;
  • joint rental receipts;
  • joint utilities (electricity, gas, telephone);
  • joint management of household expenses;
  • proof of joint purchases, especially for household items; or
  • correspondence addressed to either person or both people at the same address
Taken from CIC Canada | Spouses, Common-Law Partners and Conjugal Partners

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank AnnaC,

I have already read all this . I was more looking for experience like one you can read here with people who are married.The only one I find here is from marliejaneca and her partner and was not from the DR.

Like i said is not for now .... I just looking option we can have for the futur .
My boyfriend already know if he want to get married with me I will want a perfect wedding day. For him is important that he will pay expense of this day so by now is not possible because we have other thing to look at before.

so after a discussion with my sister tonight about this process (common-law partner)I was thinking it s could be a good thing for us in the futur if we want to get back to canada together and we don t have the fund to make my perfect wedding day.

I am now in DR and just like it and by now I just looking for information.

thank

caro

Sep 24, 2003
new police record ????

hi ,

today my boyfriend go take is police record that he need to have for asking a canadian visa .

the one he receive don t look like at the one I was thinking he will have ...

-he paid 330 pesos
-now is not the policia nationale but the procurador fiscal who give the certificate.
-the photo on the upper right is the same one of his cedulas ( no need photo now)
- the certificate name is certificado no antecedentes judiciales
- The certificate measures 8.5 inches x 11 inches.
- now he don t have a light blue background with a white border but white and grey ( look like a copy when you print something from a computer)

the lady who work at the palacio justicio ( where you take this certificate) say that is the only one they have now since is not anymore the policia national who make this certificate.

this is the good one who immigration canada ask?????

if someone can help me I will appreciate before I send all the paper ....

thank you

caro

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What you have described is the new certificate of buena conducta & yes I did hear that application changed from being at Luis Ginebra main police station to Fiscal's office at the Court. I gather this is same as buena conducta needed by anyone here for driving licence, residencia etc. Haven't actually seen the new ones because last time I needed one, it was the old blue background type. What I don't know is if it is the one Canada accepts for a visa. But it is definitely the buena conducta. He had to go to Rentas Internas first to pay the taxes.............or maybe they've changed that, too?

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank lambada for this information and about where you have to pay is at the officina del fiscal at the palacio justicia is the same one where you will receive your certicate.

if someone from canada can tell me if is the good one I will appreciate .
or
annac do you know if is the good one ?( I ask because I know you are the moderador and maybe with your experience on this board you can know)

thank you again

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Caro I was reading your post and I see this is something new so hopefully Haiti knows about this new certificate. I'll see if someone else knows about this

Last edited:

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank you AnnaC .

I realize now that we forget to ask the lady when the change of certificate happen ...

so if someone who have do it the processus and the last few week or month can tell me if this certificate is the good one I will appreciate .

thank you

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
thank you AnnaC .

I realize now that we forget to ask the lady when the change of certificate happen ...

so if someone who have do it the processus and the last few week or month can tell me if this certificate is the good one I will appreciate .

thank you

And if the certificate is not the good one but is the only one the D.R. is giving, what will you do??

caro

Sep 24, 2003
that a good question La Mariposa !!!

call the canadian ambassy for they look at the new official and legal certificate giving by the dominican republic.

but my wish is that I will not be in the first one to send this new certificate for immigration purpose and see what will happen ...don t want this problem over the long waitting .

or do you have a suggestion ?

thank you

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
that a good question La Mariposa !!!

call the canadian ambassy for they look at the new official and legal certificate giving by the dominican republic.

but my wish is that I will not be in the first one to send this new certificate for immigration purpose and see what will happen ...don t want this problem over the long waitting .

or do you have a suggestion ?

thank you

The Canadian Embassy in Haiti sent me a letter requesting a new police certificate for the year 2007 for my wife. When my wife went to go pickup her certificate they informed her that policia national is no longer giving out any police criminal records due to corruption, so now they only hand out the new certificate that your boyfriend got from the palacio justicio. I sent immigration the same certificate your boyfriend got for my wife. I?m confident that it shouldn?t be a problem, but I?ll let you know if I hear anything back from immigration.

Cheers,

Marxsis

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank lambada like I said we forget to ask when we got his certificate and the only person I talk from here dr1 her husband asking in august 2006 and it s was the old one .

Marxsis thank so now I know that I got the good one and that was not because we don t ask for the good one . how many time to you wait ? hope for you that your wife will be soon with you .