Women who sing Bachata

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Besides Alexandra, how many female Bachata singers are out there and how many of them still make music?

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
I cannot answer this question specifcally, However the BACHATA 2007 album is an absolute must........This should be on the best of the DR

The LATINO CLUB.....is another to do list

The Jury's out on the sandwich joint............Sub-Way...to....!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Doesn't Aventura have several female backup singers on a few of their songs?
They call themselves "KOB", Kings of bachata, I better not say what I really think or I will have my post deleted again.

tambo'

644z6s8.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sonia Silvestre, Brenda, and Clari Soto can be added to the list.
Judy Santos sings backup vocals on Aventura's Obsesion.

tambo'

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Susie, the woman who sings with Anthony Santos.

Speaking of women making bachata, I remember La Sexy de La Bachata who I really liked, especially the Killing me softly bachata version. What's she doing currently ? Anyone remember her ?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
RE: A few modern day artists-

There are not very many female bachata artists who enjoy great popularity as solo artists today. There are only two that come to mind that I know of and IMO have strong voices and a great future ahead if they continue to sing.

Valeria-

-founded/ promoted by Luis Vargas has one release. The album title is "La mujer". Usually I elaborate a bit but this time I will say just try it. The influence from Luis Vargas is notable acoustically but what really made me pay attention to her was the potential that was evident especially for a debut album.

Vanessa Gil-

-I am not sure how Vanessa came on the music scene however, I was pleased with her potential music talent especially in a genre where women don't get much recognition. Her debut album was released in 2004 on the J & N record label titled "A mi medida". I enjoy it thoroughly whenever I listen to it. It's nice background music among those who appreciate the genre.

Back up vocalists:

Suzie Espinal- already mentioned by one poster is the back up vocalist of Anthony Santos. However, I am not convinced she has the vocal talent to go solo.

Casilda Rodr?guez - she has been singing with her brother since his debut as a solo artist at the beginning of the 90's. Casilda also tried to launch a solo career with two albums but her career never took off. I think she's an excellent back up vocalist and in some songs as a duet with with Raul?n. Her voice tends to be very high pitch at times other than that they compliment each other well. One of their best albums together IMO is Coraz?n Coraz?n. Just when the critics thought Raul?n did not have what takes he released this album in 1998 and all sudden everyone was quiet. Listen carefully to "Morena yo soy tu marido" and "Me siento triste hoy". He and Casilda shut the critics down.

-LDG.

Besides Alexandra, how many female Bachata singers are out there and how many of them still make music?

D-Money

Apr 13, 2006
Speaking of women singing bachata, i was watching a video of a young female singer singing bachata and she sounded pretty good.I dont know her name but in the video she is singing and in the background there is a basketball court.Anyone who this singer is?She is light morenita.

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
Bachata+Dominicana's

Respectfully, two of my favorite things in life; Bachata and Dominicana's. Put them together, and the sum is greater than the parts.
I've tried to do a little copyright infringement using Limewire, but haven't had too much luck finding the song/artists listed in this thread. I downloaded a nice Judy Santos song. Sonia Silvestre doesn't seem to sing Bachata, but has a nice voice, reminding me of Rocio Durcal, or Rocio Jurado. I'll keep searching. I'll purchase the CD's if I can find them.