Sosa watch

C

Chip00

I started this thread to follow Sosa throughout this season (remember - innocent until proven guilty!!!!)

The Rangers are in the pits and are hitting about as good as Randy Johnson at his best! One has got to be wondering what went wrong with Texas after a promising ST start - and how long the manager can last on the hotseat.

I just hope Sammy doesn't loose interest. Tonight, for example they lost and Sammy accounted for the only RBI and 2 of the 5 hits. He is second on the team in RBI's also. Heck, Sammy's got as many hits as the multimillion dollar combination of Texiera and Young!

At this point the best thing that can happen to Sammy is that someone make Texas an offer they can't refuse and I think he'd be a great value.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Shhhhhh

Don't tell anyone in that other thread, but I put him on my fantasy baseball roster the other day. Just desperate for a RF.

Speaking of which, in the OF, did you see him run the wrong way on a ground ball up the middle (on Sunday)?

Ground ball up the middle and towards him in RF, he ran to the foulline instead of towards the ball, i think the hitter got a double out of it. Can't say I've ever seen that before (the announcer either).

He makes Manny look like Andruw Jones.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the battle of the TOILET BOWL teams begins tonight...Sammy vs. the
Stank-ees in Texas. the loser gets "the worse team in MLB" trophy....

Sep 19, 2005
hey Kyle.....arent you getting ahead of yourself....as of yesterday it was still APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats with all the doom and gloom so early. Like all the papers writing about if Torre is going to get fired......they guy has how many pennants?? how many time shas he guided the yankees into the playodff in his carrer? whats his percentage???? and they want to boot him in APRIL?????

Id boot a few unproductive PLAYERS before i booted a decent coach.

most of you guys are'nt this harsh in septemeber when boston or baltimore are sliding down their perenial slipper slope.

bob

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Actually, you've fallen behind.

hey Kyle.....arent you getting ahead of yourself....as of yesterday it was still APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most of you guys are'nt this harsh in septemeber when boston or baltimore are sliding down their perenial slipper slope.bob
Actually, they've been loudly whispering about Torre's dismissal since about.....last September.

The MFY's want to move on, get past him. They're becoming a different organization with more focus on developing their farm teams; building from within. Not sure if that's where Torre no longer fits into the equation, or if it's just because he's gotten older and they - just like Torre himself - dont want to leave him exposed (as Torre is want to do with his pitchers) and get beat up.

Before someone pops a synapse, I'm not hating on Torre (if I was in jail I'd want him as my roomy) just clarifying someone's disregard for remembering the story accurately.

The MFYs pitching is in shambles with all the injuries. That's not his fault. I'd think firing him would be the worst thing you could do (so I guess I'm secretly rooting for that).

p.s. What the hell is a "slipper slope?" Is that an outlet that sells just slippers? I need a pair, got any with Saaaaaaawx on them?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

whats with all the doom and gloom so early. Like all the papers writing about if Torre is going to get fired......they guy has how many pennants?? how many time shas he guided the yankees into the playodff in his carrer? whats his percentage???? and they want to boot him in APRIL?????

Id boot a few unproductive PLAYERS before i booted a decent coach.

most of you guys are'nt this harsh in septemeber when boston or baltimore are sliding down their perenial slipper slope.

bob

again, i don't understand your discord but oh well.
Texas and NYC have the worse records in MLB along with KC. surely, the series in Texas will go a long way as to whether Joe and Cashman remain with the Yankees. the NY press is already screaming for their heads in Times Square.
but this thread is about Sammy right ?:ermm:

Sep 19, 2005
hey kyle....it didnt matter who posted. I find it funny that so MANY people want to quickly bash the yankees. And I think it is very early for that. Sosa plays for texas right...there now it is sammy pertinent ha ha ha.....NY is a tough town we know that, but it is just too early to worry about a 9-14 record...dont ya think?

no discord, its a computer screen and the posts always seem callous.

I am not stalking you..when i agree with you, there is no point in saying anything right?

While I am not a DIE HARD worry about everything yankee fan...Ill will always root for them, unless they bring back the Wshington Senators.

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
not really..george steinbrenner wants perfection !! at 9-14 that's hardly perfection.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
[

While I am not a DIE HARD worry about everything yankee fan...Ill will always root for them, unless they bring back the Wshington Senators.

bob[/QUOTE]
Bob what is the difference Senators or Nationals?

Sep 19, 2005
[

bob
Bob what is the difference Senators or Nationals?[/quote]

about 37 years!!!!!!!:surprised :surprised

my dad had season tickets to the senators and the redskins at the old stadium.....frank howard baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
unfortunately, i live in the baltimore/wash d.c area. i don't know who's worse--the Orioles or the Nationals. :eek:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que chistosito.....

the battle of the TOILET BOWL teams begins tonight...Sammy vs. the
Stank-ees in Texas. the loser gets "the worse team in MLB" trophy....
Is it the last week of the season or the season just started?.

Schit, talk about "counting your chickens before they hatch".

Talk to us, YANKEES FANS, in a few months from now.

Last time I checked, ALLLLLL those Championships were NOT won by having PERFECT seasons, you know, winning ALLLLLL games in a season.

The Yankees, without A-Rod and "JuiceGiambi", for President!!!. LOL.

C

Chip00

Sosa on a tear!!!!

Texas still stinks but Sosa's on a tear right now. His average in the last 9 games is .400 with 9 RBI's, 3 HR's and 4 walks.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Entiende, por favor.....

Texas still stinks but Sosa's on a tear right now. His average in the last 9 games is .400 with 9 RBI's, 3 HR's and 4 walks.
You just don't get it, Chip00!!!.

To SOME, Sousa can hit 200 homers, drive in 250 runs and have a .999 batting average in one season, and still it wouldn't matter to them. Why:

Because at the end of the day, SOME will still think he is a "Juicer" and a "Corker".

It's not that hard to understand.

But, I do understand your loyalty for that cheater!!. Yes, I do because he still has a lot of fans out there.

C

Chip00

You just don't get it, Chip00!!!.

To SOME, Sousa can hit 200 homers, drive in 250 runs and have a .999 batting average in one season, and still it wouldn't matter to them. Why:

Because at the end of the day, SOME will still think he is a "Juicer" and a "Corker".

It's not that hard to understand.

But, I do understand your loyalty for that cheater!!. Yes, I do because he still has a lot of fans out there.

I will quit being a fan of Sammy's when it is proven he was using steriods.

As far as the issue of the bat I know very well the Domincan mind and that this was something that was a bad choice of not controlling the corked bats better - it was the typical "floja" Dominican attitude towards following rules and regulations that got him into trouble.. Remember, nobody out there loves the fans more than Sammy, so I believe it when he says the corked bat was for to hit homeruns at practice. Remember too they tested some 60 odd bats of his using xray and none others were found.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Stay a fan

I will quit being a fan of Sammy's when it is proven he was using steriods.

As far as the issue of the bat I know very well the Domincan mind and that this was something that was a bad choice of not controlling the corked bats better - it was the typical "floja" Dominican attitude towards following rules and regulations that got him into trouble.. Remember, nobody out there loves the fans more than Sammy, so I believe it when he says the corked bat was for to hit homeruns at practice. Remember too they tested some 60 odd bats of his using xray and none others were found.
I can't imagine he'll ever be proven guilty of using steroids, unless he admits it himself, which is an exceedingly remote possibility at best.

Stay tuned to Oprah however, maybe he'll COME OUT (of the medicine chest).

I have to take exception to anyone using the "tests on Sammy's other bats" as some sort of proof or validation of his - highly speculative - claims of innocence.

A very small effort in 'damage control' by a clubhouse attendent could provide this truly lovable little alibi, so that those who continue to believe in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy can continue their fantasies, day-in and day-out.

PUUUUHHHHHleeeeez!

C

Chip00

I can't imagine he'll ever be proven guilty of using steroids, unless he admits it himself, which is an exceedingly remote possibility at best.

Stay tuned to Oprah however, maybe he'll COME OUT (of the medicine chest).

I have to take exception to anyone using the "tests on Sammy's other bats" as some sort of proof or validation of his - highly speculative - claims of innocence.

A very small effort in 'damage control' by a clubhouse attendent could provide this truly lovable little alibi, so that those who continue to believe in the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy can continue their fantasies, day-in and day-out.

PUUUUHHHHHleeeeez!

Geeze - where's the ban button when you really need it!!!!!:)