The Shark Bar

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
The Shark Bar is a great place but the prices are damn expensive compared to everywhere else as far as beer goes...Lou is quite expensive on his presidente beer charging 100 pesos for 1 small! His food is outstanding and the people great there so it is a tradeoff for some people!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Papa,
To open a thread for the best sports bar without an address or phone number or any write up other then they are going to show a fight in the future leaves a lot to the imagination as to reasoning. I would suggest that you make the necessary corrections.

The moderator

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Papa,
To open a thread for the best sports bar without an address or phone number or any write up other then they are going to show a fight in the future leaves a lot to the imagination as to reasoning. I would suggest that you make the necessary corrections.

The moderator
I'm not sure of the exact address, it's on Pedro Clisante in Sosua.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
The rules are simple;

"ALL first posts should follow the following format:

Name:

Although phone number isn't essential it is a nice thing to offer if you are going to announce to the world your estimation as to the best of anything in the DR. Though I may be a little slow on the uptake of a sports bar the publication of number of TV's seating and other such features would seem to be normal things to mention in advertising the best.

It is also surprising to see Papa Benito changed his name.

The moderator

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua's best sports bar. They will be showing the de la Hoya+Mayweather fight Saturday.

Eddy's was voted that a long time ago. 7 TV's - Giant Screen, 5+ satellite dishes etc. in business for 23+ years, nobody comes even close. LOL
BTW, Eddy's show all the fights.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Is that it, is that the best you can do?

If that's the quality of your posts, don't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Okay we are going in the wrong direction with this one.

The OP of this thread is not that new to DR1 and has started 15 threads to date. The rules for starting a thread in the 'Best of the DR' forum are simple and I expect them to be followed if you are going to be referencing other people to your interpretation of the best. This is usually followed up in the same post with the personal experience of the OP as to why that particular place is considered the best.

As the OP failed to state anything except the future supposed presentation of something and didn't even say he had been inside I asked for some clarification from him and all I get is question marks and a fight.

OP state that you at least visited this place!!

Last edited:

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
I'm new and just learning all of the rules:)

However, I have been to Lou's Shark Bar twice last year. Lou is from New York. You will find alot of customers in there from the East Coast. Nice set-up, but kinda small. Food was excellent! I don't recall whether the tab was very high or not as I was with a big group and someone just picked up the tab each time. Lou was very kind, and his staff spoke english. He even has a buddy from Boston (Boston Jim) who comes down often and works the bar for him. (side note...don't challenge Boston Jim to a drinking contest!) I believe it's on the main strip. They have several TVs with mainly sports on. Alot of Yankees and Mets games if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember him having a nice selection of liquor that wasn't very available in the DR. That's about all I can input....

Hope that helps a bit.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm new and just learning all of the rules:)

However, I have been to Lou's Shark Bar twice last year. Lou is from New York. You will find alot of customers in there from the East Coast. Nice set-up, but kinda small. Food was excellent! I don't recall whether the tab was very high or not as I was with a big group and someone just picked up the tab each time. Lou was very kind, and his staff spoke english. He even has a buddy from Boston (Boston Jim) who comes down often and works the bar for him. (side note...don't challenge Boston Jim to a drinking contest!) I believe it's on the main strip. They have several TVs with mainly sports on. Alot of Yankees and Mets games if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember him having a nice selection of liquor that wasn't very available in the DR. That's about all I can input....

Hope that helps a bit.
Shark Bar is great. Lou works very hard to make everyone feel at home.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lou is the man, I was at his bar yesterday and my friends had a blast.
AZB

weaselman

Jun 7, 2007
all i got to say is hey lou. you do good.

The Shark Bar is a great place but the prices are damn expensive compared to everywhere else as far as beer goes...Lou is quite expensive on his presidente beer charging 100 pesos for 1 small! His food is outstanding and the people great there so it is a tradeoff for some people!
i have been drunk with lou when he had the beach bar and wherever lou is, it's going to be a blast. he also now has bobby working and he is ''all'' knowing about sosua, new york meets boston, keep on keepin' on. trento..