-Hotel downtown Puerto Plata ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Hi all,

It's my turn to ask a question about an hotel downtown Puerto Plata. I am looking for something clean and decent for an overnight stay next week.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions...

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Victorianoa is okay, in the middle of the center of town. Clean, friendly, and 600 pesos for a room with aircon. It's a bit noisy in the morning from a round 7, and not hot water. I have stayed there several times, latest this week, and always liked it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is POP downtown? like, the city itself?
KMA in front of a jose luis is not bad - been there to visit a friend, very roomy.

G

gary short

Hotel Victorianoa is okay, in the middle of the center of town. Clean, friendly, and 600 pesos for a room with aircon. It's a bit noisy in the morning from a round 7, and not hot water. I have stayed there several times, latest this week, and always liked it.

I totally 100% agree........Hotel Victoriana.....plus the oldest ho house in the western world is just a few blocks away......

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you all for your advices, I'll google Victoriana for the phone number, and possibly KMA too...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Mountainview hotel,it was just bought by Alberto Noesi, It's completely revamped,and no loud music.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Mountainview hotel,it was just bought by Alberto Noesi, It's completely revamped,and no loud music.

It's a good alternative, but the location is not that central, and after the renovation it's also a bit more expensive.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Might want to skip Anna Mirian. Its nothing like it used to be. Frank has not been running the place for close to a year and it has taken a SERIOUS turn for the worst. Most of his quality stable has moved on the greener pastures and they of course raised their prices.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
what is POP downtown? like, the city itself?
KMA in front of a jose luis is not bad - been there to visit a friend, very roomy.

I've heard the same from a couple of people, does anyone have the contact details?

jenfau

Jul 8, 2006
Hotel Sunshine not exactly down town but everything is right around it.San Jorge pizza (really good)a pharmarcy, call center , bank machines (that actually work)all within walking distance.800 peso for clean room no air conditiion 900 for air condition 1000 for double. Secruity guard and restuarant down stairs.Hot water as well.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
KMA is so nice, but they are just apartments. I have stayed there twice and would go back anytime!! I think they are more expensive than most places but each apartment has a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom with hot water, air con and fully furnished. Oh, they have TV and cable too. I have stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and one bedroom. Great location too!! oh, and secure.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Well, I never went to Puerto Plata finally, but headed right away to my next destination. But this thread was very interesting, I am sure it will serve well other readers who hit the search button. Thank you all !

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
mountain view is better situated then lomar and the sunshine hotel,As far as being near the center of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.