Anyone know of any hotels in Bahoruco, Barahona

Quisqueya430

I'm planning a trip to Bahoruco, Barahona, RD for July 2007. I will be getting married and we wanted to spend a few days in a really nice, yet affordable hotel there. I am absolutely clueless about what hotels are in that area and what the prices look like. If there is anyone who could help me, I would really appreciate it. ~Thanks in advance :classic:

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Casa Bonita will be perfect for you. Sits on a hillside overlooking the river and the ocean. Has a fantastic view and a gravity pool with a palm tree in the middle. Series of small bungalows hang out of the hillside. Last I heard it was running about 2300 - 2500 RD w/ Breakfast. Dinner menu above average.

I believe it has a website and the phone info has been posted before in this forum. Do a quick search of the name and you should find it.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Sure thing check Apartahotel Pontevedra. We just stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it was comfortable and the air conditioning was great.

They are located just before Casa Bonita on road 44 and their prices range around $70US per night with breakfast and supper included for two people. They also have a great pool, bar and they are on the beach.

I have stayed there and never encountered a problem and since it is right off the highway 44 you can catch publicos or small buses right there.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Another nice one in the area is Casa Blanca, where we stayed because Casa Bonita was full.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I'm planning a trip to Bahoruco, Barahona, RD for July 2007. I will be getting married and we wanted to spend a few days in a really nice, yet affordable hotel there. I am absolutely clueless about what hotels are in that area and what the prices look like. If there is anyone who could help me, I would really appreciate it. ~Thanks in advance :classic:

While I agree with everyone?s suggestion, I will also recommend Casa Bonita. It?s up in a hill right in Bahoruco by the Bahoruco and rio Cito rivers and it has gorgeous views of the ocean. Pontevedra and Casablanca are also excellent choices, but for honeymooners I would recommend Casa Bonita. Mind you, I always stay at Pontevedra.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Marilyn I think you hit the nail on the head here. The atmosphere is definitely more prevalent in the mountain Casa Bonita setting. It sure seems more in tune with the honeymoon...even rhymes!

The beach may be a walk away but the inspiration factor of the mountain air will awaken the honeymooner in anyone.

shinysam

Apr 1, 2007
IMHO, casa bonita is the only one in bahoruco that can be used for honeymoon, never stay there but good reputation ... they are other good hotels in bahoruco, bad also, but never are destined for a honeymoon. Don't forget this is not the place in DR with a lot of choice of hotels.