yankees should be boycotted in D.R!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
This is the crap that I have been talkng about for a long time...the yankees are not concerned with developing players, and after this signing of clemens..it shows this man (steinbrenner) is the ultimate enemy of minor league players...D.R. should boycott his baseball school in the island because all he wants out of Dominican players is cheap labor, he needs kids to keep his minor league clubs afloat...when and who was the last Dominican lil george has developed and raise to to the majors...he is only interested in trying to buy a championship, and not development I mean are there others out here who feel the same...what say you !

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
The last few raise and develop to the major leage were Alfonso Soriano, Melky Cabrera and Robinso Cano.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
The last few raise and develop to the major leage were Alfonso Soriano, Melky Cabrera and Robinso Cano.

they were traded in the minors to the yankees because they were rising stars...what happened to all the rest down in A ball AA, and AAA? :ermm:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
The MFY should be boycotted PERIOD!!!!!

This fool has no shame...he's been trying to buy a championship for a while now...and nothing has worked...not even MEROD's 15 homeruns are gonna help!!!

Also, Clemens is a JOKE...I was there during the 2003 series when he said 'goodbye'...and I feel used for having bowed down to him and his 'greatness' thinking that would have been the last we saw of him!!!

Shame on these people that just play for the MONEY and not the pride of winning anything!!!

And while I'm at it...I PRAY TO GOD Bond does NOT reach his mark...

He DOESN'T DESERVE the record!!! He's not getting it fair and square...

Clubs should start walking him EVERY TIME he comes up to bat...DON'T let him achieve anything...he's a p r i c k in my book!!!!

You guys can respond what you want...I'm just stating my opinion here...don't claim to know it all or to be right...it's just what I'm feeling right now...I needed to vent...thanks!

MQ

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
The Kid is cheering for Barry Bonds to shatter the record beyond reach, in much the same way he did the season HR mark.

GO BARRY!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Maybe this has been discussed before...but I don't have time to search...why the hell do you address yourself in the third person??? What? Do you have the Frank Reyes complex??? :(

MQ

C

Chip00

Maybe this has been discussed before...but I don't have time to search...why the hell do you address yourself in the third person??? What? Do you have the Frank Reyes complex??? :(

MQ

It makes him feel younger!:)

I vote to rename this thread to "Red Sox Nation seeks demise of Yankees at all costs!!!"

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006

MQ

Who is Frank Reyes? The Kid has only heard him sing on the radio while he is home. Having said that, let me say that The Kid is not into the Miami-based, Sabado Gigante-style farandula. The Kid does not even watch TV.

Chip, not only does The Kid feel younger, his past girlfriends loved him for it. And there's no end in sight.

All The Kid needs now is a 911 Porsche and a Golden Retriever, and he'll be all set.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
The irony is so rich, so I'll rub it in your face

Little man complex, huh Red Sox fans???? So typical.

You're in 1st place right now. Yet here you are in May already working up excuses for the annual choke. YOU GUYS WANTED CLEMENS!!!! The owner AND Epstein. All throughout the off-season and even up until last week. You have the same money as the MFY. Yet, you'd rather jerk off. You'll always be #2, no matter what!!!

Oh yeah, Dice-K with all the hype about the 58 type of pitches he throws, has he really been worth the $51.1 million transfer fee and the $50+ million contract? JD Drew worth $80 million? Lugo? Pat Clement? Wade Miller? GTFOH.

Without Pedro or Randy Johnson (true staff aces), what has Curt Schilling done? With him as ace, his team has NEVER won a crucial series, in Boston or elsewhere. I'll let you think about that one for a sec.

Boston's thrown money around just the same as the Yankees, to the tune of $145 million in salaries in 2007. Fact is, given the choice of Boston or the Yankees, 9 out of 10 players would choose......the MFYs. Gotta suck.

1st ballot Hall-of Famer Clemen's gets $18 million for the year, for the fear in Boston alone. Man, are we (Yankee fans) laughing at you.....AGAIN!!!!

83 years and counting!!!

C

Chip00

Little man complex, huh Red Sox fans???? So typical.

You're in 1st place right now. Yet here you are in May already working up excuses for the annual choke. YOU GUYS WANTED CLEMENS!!!! The owner AND Epstein. All throughout the off-season and even up until last week. You have the same money as the MFY. Yet, you'd rather jerk off. You'll always be #2, no matter what!!!

Oh yeah, Dice-K with all the hype about the 58 type of pitches he throws, has he really been worth the $51.1 million transfer fee and the $50+ million contract? JD Drew worth $80 million? Lugo? Pat Clement? Wade Miller? GTFOH.

Without Pedro or Randy Johnson (true staff aces), what has Curt Schilling done? With him as ace, his team has NEVER won a crucial series, in Boston or elsewhere. I'll let you think about that one for a sec.

Boston's thrown money around just the same as the Yankees, to the tune of $145 million in salaries in 2007. Fact is, given the choice of Boston or the Yankees, 9 out of 10 players would choose......the MFYs. Gotta suck.

1st ballot Hall-of Famer Clemen's gets $18 million for the year, for the fear in Boston alone. Man, are we (Yankee fans) laughing at you.....AGAIN!!!!

83 years and counting!!!

BTW - I'm not a Red Sox fan, I was merely having fun with the fact that everybody was bashing the Yankees. If you are a Yankess fan what do you say to the apparent fact that they are apparently negleting dominican talent in exchange for the old fogey Clemens? After all that is what this thread is about.....

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
The Kid is not a Sox fan, but a Barry Bonds fan, and his first comments on this thread reflects that.

His second comment was made to defend his referring to himself in the third person. One poster suggeted that it may The Kid feel younger. And it's the first time The Kid reads that third-person usage is a sign of wanting to feel younger. The Kid will look that up, Chip. Fear not, as you should be getting used to being debunked by now.

Now, the other posters are fish fans.

It's easy to be a Yankee fan - it takes no imagination, just jump on the traditional bandwagon of 20-some championships, most of which were won when most of you were not even around.

-The Kid

C

Chip00

The Kid is not a Sox fan, but a Barry Bonds fan, and his first comments on this thread reflects that.

His second comment was made to defend his referring to himself in the third person. One poster suggeted that it may The Kid feel younger. And it's the first time The Kid reads that third-person usage is a sign of wanting to feel younger. The Kid will look that up, Chip. Fear not, as you should be getting used to being debunked by now.

Now, the other posters are fish fans.

It's easy to be a Yankee fan - it takes no imagination, just jump on the traditional bandwagon of 20-some championships, most of which were won when most of you were not even around.

-The Kid

Hahaha funny - I was merely conjecturing that you call yourself "The Kid" to make you feel younge rwhen from your other posts you're someone past that stage - there is nothing deeper than that - sorry.

As far as the debunking you're assumption that I've been debunked by you is wishful thinking buddy - but don't stop trying mind you:)

May 12, 2005
Ay dios mio. Where do I begin? Doesn't anyone realize that the Yankees are good for baseball. They pay by far the largest luxury tax in the league which gets redistributed to all the other teams. I can't help it if the other owners pocket the cash instead of investing in their on field talent. Also when the Yankees go on the road they draw more fans to other parks than any other team. More fans equals more beer sales, more food sales, more parking fees, etc. The Yankees are supporting the rest of the league. Stop the hating and think logically. I can hardly wait until Cleefy boy chimes in on this one.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
los Janquis good for baseball!!

they don't give a crap about baseball!....it sends a bad message to minor league players when baseball teams are paying part time player in there 40's...18 plus million for pitching 12 games this year...the organization is trying to buy a championship in the worst way..look at the coaches in the dugout....I mean there all managers who can run there own team...they tried buying randy johnson, and it back fired, now the next star that makes the highlight films every week, they'll be watching as well...the problem i have with this team is that they are not into development and that is not good for baseball....all of there minor leaguers including Dominican players in those academies should all be asking to be traded to other teams.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Hahaha funny - I was merely conjecturing that you call yourself "The Kid" to make you feel younge r)

Really? MQ asked why I refer to myself in third person. You said, "It makes him feel younger."

Dude, reading comprehension is not that hard. Then again, you are the same person who called NALs a "philosophist." Ask your school for a refund.

C

Chip00

Really? MQ asked why I refer to myself in third person. You said,

Dude, reading comprehension is not that hard. Then again, you are the same person who called NALs a "philosophist." Ask your school for a refund.

Earth to southern rock dude - lay off the weed - it is affecting your comprehension.:)

Conjecture is equal to postulating which was what I was doing when I said "It makes him feel younger" with respect to why you call yourself the kid in third person.

Check out following link - it may help::lick:

English for beginners - especially southern rock dudes who think "Rush" was an American band and "Kid Rock" is a good singer

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
As far as the debunking you're assumption that I've been debunked by you is wishful thinking buddy - but don't stop trying mind you:)

Let's break the above quote down. You are saying that you debunking my debunking of you is wishful-thinking.

The Kid is like Lt. Columbo: he uses your own words against you.

In just one single day, you have misread three posters (RonS, aegap, and MQ) and confused yourself with your own writing.

I highly doubt you could teach ME English. SERIOUSLY, dude.

And if you knew anything about Southern Rock, you would know that neither Rush nor Kid Rock are in that genre.

Do I have to teach you everything? I'm a little, old Kid from Higuey, for crying out loud!

C

Chip00

Do I have to teach you everything? I'm a little, old Kid from Higuey, for crying out loud!

Aha I knew it!!!!!!!

Ok back on topic. I think the first step in getting the Dominicans to boycott the Yankess would be to convince the 6 Dominicans they have on the roster now to ask to be traded, including el mocano.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Aha I knew it!!!!!!!

Ok back on topic. I think the first step in getting the Dominicans to boycott the Yankess would be to convince the 6 Dominicans they have on the roster now to ask to be traded, including el mocano.

Hey, you finally got me: The Kid's as old as dirt.

Wow!

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
BTW - I'm not a Red Sox fan, I was merely having fun with the fact that everybody was bashing the Yankees. If you are a Yankess fan what do you say to the apparent fact that they are apparently negleting dominican talent in exchange for the old fogey Clemens? After all that is what this thread is about.....

I've been a Yankees' fan since 1977-1978, when I first started to get into sports as a kid in Brooklyn. Lived through the dog days of the 80s and early 90s, and through the MLB domination of the late 90s to 2000. 4 straight World Series titles.

So, seriously, WHAT Dominican pitcher in the Yankees' system is ready to step into the Yankee rotation right now, and deliver like WE ALL KNOW Clemens can under the prssure of playing for the MFYs? If I'm correct, Phil Hughes is THE future and they were very reluctant to screw him up like the Cubs did with Prior and Wood. Is Hughes suddenly Dominican???

By the way, the top 5 pitchers in the Yankees' farm system HAVE been called up already to help out. One of whom is Humberto Sanchez, and widely reported to be a year or two away. Melky Cabrera is the 4th Yankee outfielder, and delivering nicely. You know something that we don't? What apparent fact are you talking about? The kids will be getting the chances to step up in the next two years. It's up to them whether they deliver under the NYC pressure.

Now, if you want to go that route, Hanley Ramirez was traded along with Anibel Sanchez and others for Josh Beckett. Fair trade???? LOL. Yeah right. Beckett's gotten raked over the coals in games that have counted for the Sawks, including last yr's end of the season 5-game meltdown in Fenway vs. the MFYs. Hanley would've been the Red Sox version of Jose Reyes for the next 10-15 years. Instead you have.....Julio Lugo. LOL!!! I luv it. And that's just the most recent.

The MFYs traded Alfonso Soriano (who we liked, and was highly productive and promising, but lackadaisical and expendable) for...(get this).....ARod. Fair trade???

Status
Not open for further replies.