Teaching English

LaRubia03

May 9, 2007
hello!
im new to this site

im moving to the Dominican Republic in the near future and I've thought about teaching English to young children!...I was wondering what the requirements are? anyone with info please let me know :)

thanks!!!

tropicalsunset

Feb 21, 2007
The International Schools do require teachers papers.

Where do you want to move to and what would be near future?

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
I am interested tot each in DR anyone have any idea of best paying school and what they offer

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Pay these perfectionists no heed kiai & LaRubia03 - once a teacher, ALWAYS a teacher!!!
You should ask yourself what you need to live on first because pay for teaching in the DR can be quite poor compared to your home country. Where do you want to live, what qualifications do you already have, what subjects do you want/need/are you capable of teaching? What age groups (any student is "Young Children" to my ancient years!).

Check the search function at the head of this page & use the advanced search function using the keywords "Teaching", "Teaching English", "International School of Sosua" (if you are considering the NORTH Coast). If you want Santiago or Santo Domingo areas, others will chirp in with their locally known schools I am sure!

Unless you are a 'One in a Thousand' qualified teacher though, do not expect much - you could be lucky but more likely you will be disappointed!! ~ Grahame.

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
I want to teach english I have a Tefl Cert. to teach beginners and business english

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
If you are looking to teach in a private school you need much more that TEFL experience....that counts for nothing.

I have just got a job in a private school in Sosua and I am a fully qualified teacher. They only look for fully qualified and experienced teachers. Some of the schools may be looking for teaching assistants though. I know mine has filled all available posts though.

You could teach in a public school but the money would be very low and you would need a good knowledge of Spanish.

tropicalsunset32

May 25, 2007
Ever considdered a administrative job? Let me know if your interested! We have a vacancy.

Note for the teachers: please forgive me if my english isn't perfect. If you don't let me know what you can say in Dutch.