Oh no samana in Sep?

Sibby&Carl

Apr 17, 2007
Woops, was alittle hastey in booking my holiday to beautiful Samana.... Me and my girlfriend are going Aug 30 until Sep 14th. Basically, is this Hurricane season? What are the chances of absolutly perfect weather for our two weeks (when I say perfect weather I mean Hot, dry and no chance of getting swept off my feet).:ermm:

Cheers!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
The probability of the outcome you are seeking is ZERO

....if you truly want the type of weather you are seeking, with about 100% certainty.....go to AZUA or other towns in the Southwest. Once you cross the "magical" rain embarcation line of Bani you are set.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
September is a lovely month. Usually just a little of the 'sting' is out of the sun and there is always a slight breeze.

Yes, it is hurricane season, so, there is a slightly higher probability of a storm. I guess it is the same where-ever you live when the seasons change.

The chances that there will be a hurricane on the Samana Peninsula in the same weeks that you are there, are small.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While it is risky to dispute DMS, allow me to inject the fact that most storms hit the south and no storms hit the North Coast.

For absolutely perfect weather?? Heaven.

For great tropical weather, Saman?, one of Heaven's close cousins...

Of course you will get the odd shower, but if you think you are going to lounge around in the sun all day, you are so wrong! By the second day you will be bright red and in pain....

We (those of us who live here) always recommend very high quality sun block. Like 45 or 50 or even 60! You will get color, but slowly. You won't burn and ruin everything.

And the beauty of Saman? is breathtaking! So go and enjoy!

HB

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Immer ruhig Blut...

Woops, was alittle hastey in booking my holiday to beautiful Samana.... Me and my girlfriend are going Aug 30 until Sep 14th. Basically, is this Hurricane season? What are the chances of absolutly perfect weather for our two weeks (when I say perfect weather I mean Hot, dry and no chance of getting swept off my feet).:ermm:
Cheers!

Calm down and come.
Nobody can tell you how the weather is going to be.
But trust me, it will take place... ;)

m'frog
(Saman?)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Worst things can happen in your life than being able to go on vacation in Sept. Why introduce a possible weather problem into the equation of a great idea. Man, a week away from work!!

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
+ plus + = positive thinking, dude. come down and enjoy the beauty of this area. como es arriba es abajo. como es abajo es arriba. from el Kybalion.
BTW go to cayo Levantado and have a fria at 'La popola' stand..

enjoy.

Zeus (primus inter pares)