best retail rip-off

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
rd$720 plus tax for four p!ss-waters in 'marocha' (gustavo mejia ricart - santo domingo).
"stella artois is the most expensive beer in the world" said the waiter with a big grin on his face.
"don't know about the rest of the effing world" - i said.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You only have to look at the cars parked out the front to know your going to be paying a premium on anything you eat or drink. Saying that, I had breakfast there last weekend and it was excellent.

Sep 19, 2005
Hmmm Robert, business must be good!!!

But nope, the best retail ripoff is Hotel Zapata in Boca Chica. We were charge 700+ pesos for two breakfast's that consisted of 2 eggs, a piece of bread, and a slice of ham you could see through.
That also qualifies for the biggest tourist rip off.

jd that makes the new Courtyard by Marriot on the outskirts of Santiago look good!

we went in for breakfast one morning. Buffet style...with slim pickings. some friuts, some breads, some cereals, pancakes,two styles of eggs, some hard as rock bacon. All the juice you wanted and coffee. Before the tip( hey we did have a waitress for the coffee) it was 900 pesos( for 2).....for the extra 200 pesos over your deal..we at least could go back as much as we wanted....( as if)...

bob

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
rd$720 plus tax for four p!ss-waters in 'marocha' (gustavo mejia ricart - santo domingo).
"stella artois is the most expensive beer in the world" said the waiter with a big grin on his face.
"don't know about the rest of the effing world" - i said.

I didn't know this beer was considered the most expensive... just saw it at a supermarket in Houston... $7.59/six pack... hardly the most expensive

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's one of the cheapest in the UK... Marocha is pretentious and grossly overpriced.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
When they start serving Duvel, I'll be impressed. That Belgian Ale goes for $10 a pop in bars that carry it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Stella Artois is a normal Belgian Lager... not a premium by any means.

Personally I don't like the taste but that is just my personal opinion
But I LOVE many of the Belgian White beers, possibly my overall favotite beers.