Disicion MADE.. waiting for the call

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I post...
I didnt want to jinx my paperwork being done.
I decided to sponsor my husband late in the game...
I moved down Aug 2005 to be with my future husband and we got married November 22, 2005 in Rio San Juan at the Beach. We had planned to make it work there and live as long as possible together without going to Canada. Then my family (sister,mother,father etc..) begged us and stated we should go to Canada and start a life here and then decide what we want.

So we started working on our paper work in June 2006.
Here is our timeline. Now it is diffirent then most because I was living there with him and did everything from there.

July 15 - Did his medical examination in Santo Doming
August 1 - Sent FED EX to Case Processing in Toronto
August 4 - They recieved it
Sept 18 - They approved me to sponsor
Nov 17 - They started processing in Haiti
April 17 - Website stated Medical exam has been reviewed
April 30 - Email sent to Silvestre stating to drop off his passport in SD
May 3 - He dropped it off and they said they will call in 3 to 4 weeks
May 14 - Website stated DISICION MADE they will call Sil with disicion

Now here we are.. waiting. Ive never tried contacting the embassy we just have been really patient. Since we were together it didnt matter to us when we got approved. Now I came back to Canada two weeks ago to try to get my old job back. WHICH I GOT IT. Ambulance dispatch for 911.. So happy about this. And now just waiting for my husband to arrive and start work and school or whatever it is we want to do... I would like to say thank you to all the people who have helped with apartments/disicion/informations etc... You people know who you are.. And Next week will be our 1yr 6months married. I hope he is here before then obviously. I am stressed about booking a flight for him but we will figure it out. I will keep you posted when we do get "the call" I hope its a yes :)

Suzanne

Last edited by a moderator:

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
How do you know when Haiti started processing? Do you go by the date that it says on the Internet? I called in January and they told me they had received the medical and had received the paperwork. But on the Internet it says started processing march 28, and doesn't say anything about the medical. My paperwork was sent to Haiti in November. Just not sure which dates to do by.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Processing

I got all my dates by the immigration website.
Logging in with my Reciept #..
Now they only update the website once a week. So its a week give or take for the info to be updated.
Now Im sure the work is started on and medical is recieved earlier then the website is updated.
Every case is diffirent.. so who knows.
All i knwo they have his passport (they emailed him to bring it in between 9am and 11am tues or thurs)
HE has no internet, no $ to go to the internet, it if wasn't for me checking he would of missed it. And we would of brought it in late.
We still never got any letters, or phone calls. So we will see

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Hey Suzanne... normally I would never say call because I was really patient too and didn't call anyone until I knew my husband was approved. However, knowing what I know about you guys and knowing you are now approved and just waiting to pick-up his Visa, I would call the SDQ Canadian Consulte to see if his passport with the approved Visa has arrived (this is where the Haiti Embassy sends them for pick-up). Ours was there before anyone called us and we found out because I called and asked if it was there. They did call my husband the next day but he was already on his way to Santo Domingo on Caribe Tours to pick it up! Also, to anyone else applying, I would not put an e-mail address for your husband unless they check daily. My husband was in the same boat in not having access to a computer unless he went to an internet cafe so we just left that blank and he got all his info via phone or mail.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
That is great news!!! Thanks for updating us with your news. I agree with Fiesta Mama - call the Embassy in Haiti and inquire about the Visa - he could get here sooner than later if you do.

Take care,

Rosanie

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Hey... So I took your advice and called the SDQ CanadianEmbassy and the lady there didn't understand me at all, and said no one in the office, and such, so instead I emailed the ladies from the embassy that emailed Silvestre. I emailed them through his account asking if its in yet, and blah blah blah. The lady there was a french person i think and she replied me last time when Silvestre was lost in SD trying to find the embassy.
And your advice on dont put an email address.. THAT IS SO TRUE. We obviusly didn't think about that when we put it in. And it it wasn't for me checking his account that day he would of never gotten his passport in time.
He is asking me now to check his account 3 to 4 times a day. LOL
Anyhow thanks again for the support..
Ill keep ya posted.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com

SO.. I emailed the embassy today asking if his passport had arrive and this is the exact reply i received from her.
"Passport and other docs have been returned to Sto Dgo two days ago via Diplomatic Bag.

Immigration Section "

What does that mean.. LOL I wrote her back asking does this mean he still has to wait for their call or can go on monday to pick it up. So I am so confused. Maybe this means he will be here by the end of the upcoming week.. :) Im so happy

Sharon Ann

Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations. Best of luck to you both.

****!! Maybe I will have to marry my guy and move to the DR for a while in order to have him be approved to come to Canada. We were trying for a visit. He had all the paper work done up to come for a visit and this was refused. All to do with not having enough finances in the bank. Don't know exactly what they expect. Anyone have any idea???
I have been to the DR 5 times in the past year.
I really want him to meet my family and experience Canada before any major decisions. I love the DR but would want to live their part of the year and he would like this also.
Any suggestions or tips on getting a visitors visa approved??

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Congratulations. Best of luck to you both.

We were trying for a visit. He had all the paper work done up to come for a visit and this was refused. All to do with not having enough finances in the bank. Don't know exactly what they expect. Anyone have any idea???
I have been to the DR 5 times in the past year.

Any suggestions or tips on getting a visitors visa approved??

Well visitors visa are very difficult, I never even bothered trying that. I even know a Canadian women living in Puerto Plata for 5 years with her Dominican Husband they have a young daughter togehter, a business in POP and her family owns business here in Ontario. She applied for him to visit Canada for only a couple months, (they have the finances) And they were refused.
So now she has to sponsor him as a spouse.
Living here may not make a diffirences if you want to sponsor him for visiting.
But I do suggest living with him in Dominican Rep. It was the greatest two years of my life. Learning his culture, language, everything, seeing all that I seen there, made me a better person and we spent every minute together for 2 years and we just get along great, and now its time for him to know my culture and language and family.
Goodluck to you too aswell.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Hi Suzanne;

Great News! I have followed everyone along for the past 8 months. I have watched everyone's heartache and frustration with immigration and I am so pleased for you and your husband.

I was in Santo Domingo for my husbands interview and I was interviewed as well on May 1st.... WOW. An experience I will not soon forget. The immigration officer said we would hear from her very soon. At the very end of the interview the officer stated to my husband, "You're a very lucky man. Take of your wife." So we knew this was positive.

Today I went on to the e-client to check our status and a decision has been made. Could you please forward the e-mail and the woman's name you contacted regarding the passport and documents that your husband needs to pick up in Santo Domingo. I am hoping ours is waiting there as well.

For those of you who are interested in our time frame. Here it is:
Aug 22, 2006 - Wedding
Nov 17, 2006- Application in Toronto
Dec 15, 2006- I was approved and application was sent to Haiti.
Mar 15, 2007- Haiti started processing
Apr 20, 2007- My husband received a call for an interview
May 1, 2007- The interview
May 21, 2007- Medical Received, Decision Made.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your stories and advise over the months!!!
Sandy

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Thursday

So the lady emailed back saying Silvestre can pick up his passport on thursday morning at the embassy! Im assuming that means we can book his flight for friday or saturday.. NOW IM STRESSED I can't find any flights leavingt there except for AIR CANADA at 1600$CAN..
Should he go to Puerto Plata and look to find a flight?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Try booking through one of the charter companies like Air Transat and give me a call and let me know when we can get together now that you're working.
Congrats.......does this mean we need to plan a Dominican style 'Welcome to North Bay" party???

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Try booking through one of the charter companies like Air Transat and give me a call and let me know when we can get together now that you're working.
Congrats.......does this mean we need to plan a Dominican style 'Welcome to North Bay" party???

OH I WISH WE COULD.. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND DOMINICAN FOOD? I have called u a few times, and no answer.. Im off all this week, if u want to get together. PM me...
And I will be calling Air Transal and Sky service this week to find out if i can book a flight with them
hopefully the flights weren't full leaving TO.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
waiting

12hours i will know what silvestre will have in his hands tomorrow when he gets to the embassy.. i leaves at 4am to go to santo domingo..
this waiting is terrible.. ic an't wait to get the call from him saying he has his visa in his hands.. and i can book his flight..

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Approved Approved Approved

He Has His Visa To Come.. Approved....
I Get To See My Husband On Saturday.. He Flies Here..

Thank You Everyone Who Has Supported Us..

Saturday Will Be One Monthwe Been Apart.. In Our 3yr Relationship