Looking for an apartment in Santiago?

mark4604

Aug 10, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am searching for an apartment in Santiago but I have experienced some problems, specifically, I have encountered the ?Manana theory?. I contracted a ?so called? reputable agency two months ago with disappointing results. The girl was very unprofessional and never communicated with me. I?m also worried about the possible gringo factor. As soon as someone knows it?s an American who wishes to rent the property, the price will suddenly rise. I am looking for something close or inside Las Colinas but I am limited to that area. Can anyone suggest some good agents in Santiago?

mark4604

Aug 10, 2006
Looking for Americans or Canadians in santiago?

I am searching for an apartment in Santiago but I have experienced some problems, specifically, I have encountered the ?Manana theory?. I contracted a ?so called? reputable agency two months ago with disappointing results. The girl was very unprofessional and never communicated with me. I?m also worried about the possible gringo factor. As soon as someone knows it?s an American who wishes to rent the property, the price will suddenly rise. I am looking for something close or inside Las Colinas but I am limited to that area. Can anyone suggest some good agents in Santiago? Is there any fellow Americans or Canadians in Santiago that I can network with?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
What's with you? Two days ago you said you had an apartment in La Loter?a. You asked about the safety of conchos.
I told you that apartments in Las Colinas are scarce.
I told you that there is one available in Tierra Alta, which is closer than La Loter?a.
I told you that there are hundreds of Americans in Santiago. They keep a low profile, in general. Some play golf. I told you to go to the Dominico-Americano and ask about Americans.
Make up your mind....

HB

tonywillies

Dec 16, 2005
Good agency in Santiago

Hello everyone,

I am searching for an apartment in Santiago but I have experienced some problems, specifically, I have encountered the ?Manana theory?. I contracted a ?so called? reputable agency two months ago with disappointing results. The girl was very unprofessional and never communicated with me. I?m also worried about the possible gringo factor. As soon as someone knows it?s an American who wishes to rent the property, the price will suddenly rise. I am looking for something close or inside Las Colinas but I am limited to that area. Can anyone suggest some good agents in Santiago?

Mark,
I work for Coldwell Banker North Coast in Sosua. We have a very good wroking relationship with Olima Real Estate. The owners name is Olivier Flambert, he is from Belgium and speaks fluent English. Check out their website, Olima real estate Dominican Republic - the best way to find caribbean oceanfront real estate.
If you contact them let them know that I sent you...cheers!
If you have any questions email me at t.willies@gmail.com
Good luck
Tony

willieg

Dec 30, 2007
looking for an apt in Santiago too

I was just in Santiago this month and it's incredible how many apartment buildings have gone up since I was last there in 2005. I really had a good time there visiting my family and am very interested in purchasing a nice 3-4 bedroom apt 4,500,000 $RD to 5,500,000 $RD range. Because there are so many and they all profess to be in the best neighborhoods with the "best" features, I need advice. My family lives in los jardines metropolitanos. Proximity to them would be nice but not essential. The apt. does not have to be new but I want one no more than 3 years old. Any advice from anyone on what developments to consider would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Willie G