From Santo Domingo to Sosua

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
:pirate: I am planning an overnite trip from Santo Domingo to Sosua. I may even stay 2 nites... - - - What is the best way to get from Santo Domingo to Sosua? - How long does it take? - How much does it cost? - Should I know anything special about the ride/trip? - Where should I stay? - I would like a place that is guest friendly.... but near by where people are at.

I have received some information from a previous thread/post, but I figured that someone may have some good insight from a recent visit or trip.

Thanks
:glasses:

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
The best way to get there is by Caribe Tours or Metro buses. It takes about 4 hours, and they cost a bit more than 300 pesos. If you take Caribetours, take a sweater or extra shirt, because they turn up the airco to freezing temperature

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
To Sosua, best bet is Caribe Tours. Last time I made the trip, about 3 months ago, it was RD$250. Metro is higher. Reason Caribe Tours best choice is because they have more buses, leaving SD hourly from 6 am to 7 pm. Metro just started service to Sosua and only has 3 buses.