Help with exciting places to go staying playa dorada

brella

May 16, 2007
Looking for information to make our holiday.

Me and my partner going to POP for the first time.

Staying for 3 weeks, at Blue Bay Getaway Villas Playa dorada. Yes it is AI, but best wa if your new to the area. Dont want to stay in the hotel all the time looking at spending a couple of days each week out of the resort.

Sosua sounds good for the independent, are you able to walk from Playa dorada along beach if so how long would it take, both very fit and active enjoy running and walkng is this a possibility. If not whats the best way to get there.

Also other areas of interest to visit love been in others company, like a laugh.

What are the nights like in playa dorada like also.

Looking at going on three excursions, white water rafting, water fall and party catamaran, Banana republic.

All opinions greetly recieved.

Going end of July to mid August.

Sep 19, 2005
Hello. You cannot walk from Playa Dorado to Sosua. besides being several miles away, the shoreline is not all beach. Many places the shoreline is solid rock.

You can walk for a long ways in the other direction towards Puerto Plata proper( play dorado is "called" being in puerto plata).

going east on the beach you come to a small river that empties into the ocean and that might or probably will prevent you from continuing your walk....but you probably couldnt walk more than a mile more even if you got past that river. I dont think it would be that safe...many places you would be out in the middle of no where.

as far as those excursions you want, the hotel can easily , and most likely be able to plan them for you. But I am not sure what the banana republic is...sounds like a store in america!

good luck

bob

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There is so much to suggest to you.

Bob is correct, you cannot walk to Sosua. Instead walk to the highway, flag down the Gua Gua and take the bus to Sosua! Then walk around Sosua. Go to SOsua Bay, eat lunch at Rocky's.

Also another day same deal - take the Gua Gua to Sosua, change to the Gua Gua to Cabarete, spend the day on the beach.

I highly suggest the waterfalls but I do not recommend the Banana Republic Catamaran. Instead book Freestyle Catamaran. You will have a much better day! Can't comment on white water rafting.

Check out Isaira Tours - Dominican Republic for more tour info.

Nightlife in Playa Dorada - all clubs are tourist oriented. Mangu is currently the favourite. Check out Hemingways on a Saturday night after 11.

If you want a taste of nighlife in Puerto Plata at local clubs, just PM or email me. I'll be happy to take you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WARNING

The above poster is Blond.
A dancer.

A ton of fun to be around.

Do what this person says.

HB