Help Playa Dorada Blue Bay Villas

Status
Not open for further replies.

brella

May 16, 2007
Looking for information to make our holiday.

Me and my partner going to POP for the first time.

Staying for 3 weeks, at Blue Bay Getaway Villas Playa dorada. Yes it is AI, but best wa if your new to the area. Dont want to stay in the hotel all the time looking at spending a couple of days each week out of the resort.

Sosua sounds good for the independent, are you able to walk from Playa dorada along beach if so how long would it take, both very fit and active enjoy running and walkng is this a possibility. If not whats the best way to get there.

Also other areas of interest to visit love been in others company, like a laugh.

What are the nights like in playa dorada like also.

Looking at going on three excursions, white water rafting, water fall and party catamaran, Banana republic.

All opinions greetly recieved.

Going end of July to mid August.

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
Walk to Sousua? No!

Playa Dorada to Sousua is about 30mins by car doing 60mph in good traffic. Sousua is straight down the shore line but it doesn't appear feasible to even be able to walk, who knows if the shore line has beach all the way. A cab or a bus is fairly inexpensive and yes the little town is well worth the trip. Cabarete is another ten minutes in same direction and I am told it too is worth the trip. Playa Dorada is for tourist it has one very good night club Mango Friday, Saturday it is packed with wild fun. It also has a few bars and a shopping center, but two days and you are ready to see more. Have fun I love going to the DR I have probably been 50 times since 2004. I have been all over the Island, North South Central and even East.

Danceelite4

Status
Not open for further replies.