starting a security company.

manuel espinoza

May 14, 2007
I am currently in the process of opening a security business in Punta Cana. Can someone tell me, what are the laws in opening a security company? DO, the security officers require a license to carry a weapon, gun, pepper spray,etc?...

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
New Security?

That's the obvious, but does anyone know how strict the government is towards opening that kind of a business?

There were several cases of security firms that were closed down by the authorities for failing to have the necessary documents and licences (Bonao and SD if I recall correctly).

Much will depend on how the Dominican competition sees your coming to the market...

m'frog

manuel espinoza

May 14, 2007
Is there a specific website that will allow me to get in contact with the D.R. government, so I can get more information?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course not. Are you nuts? Do you think that the Dominican military would let you in on their little secrets??
You had better seek a good lawyer and have him do the work.
You need more permits than you do in the US to start a nuclear reactor...

And the competition will be fierce. And most of the competition is closely tied to the Armed Forces.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I am currently in the process of opening a security business in Punta Cana. Can someone tell me, what are the laws in opening a security company? DO, the security officers require a license to carry a weapon, gun, pepper spray,etc?...

For sure a gun. Recently, as somebody mentioned, several security firms were closed down because they had guns but not the proper documentation.

I can't believe you are really "in the process of opening a security business" when you are so clearly in the dark with respect to security firms. I hope you meant that you are investigating the possibility of.....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I can't believe you are really "in the process of opening a security business" when you are so clearly in the dark with respect to security firms. I hope you meant that you are investigating the possibility of.....

Exactly Ken. That's why I put a gentle suggestion to wait awhile. And got told that was 'obvious'. I hope it's a language thing & nothing else...........