Any Domincans In Atlanta, Georgia

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
HOLA! to atlanta dominicans! what area do you live in?

Living in Atlanta, you can contact a poster, member of this forum, who goes by the nick leromero, and who addresses me as "Pop" (yes, I'm his father ...;-)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
latino2002 in airline section lives in atlanta and works in atlanta hartfields airport. He is dominican.
I also graduated from college in atlanta and lived in Marietta for many years. My family lives there and I go there every 2-3 months. Oh, wait, I am not dominican. Sorry.
AZB

furniture

May 21, 2007
More about badcock furniture, leons, storehouse

interesting information, but we should think over it ...
;)

ninahhh

Mar 6, 2007
so.... what are some happening spots in and around town? i went to Loca Luna last weekend, and it was nice....but i really wanna dance to bachata and reggaeton!!

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
If you went to Loca Luna to experience latino anything you went to the wrong spot. Overpriced and overhyped. The only times I took people there were when I could put it on an expense account. I would suggest going to accessatlanta.com and searching for some real happening spots.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Quick response. Not Dominican, but I live in Atlanta and have several Dominican friends around here. We've done our share of partying.

There used to be a pretty crazy Dominican/Latin Sunday night at a restaurant called Santo Domingo on Jimmy Carter Blvd and Britt Road. That died because it got too popular and had issues with both violence (fights) and underage patrons. Still a decent restaurant, if you want Dominican fare. Reasonably priced as well.

La Rumba on Roswell Road (OTP) has its moments on Friday nights. Just gotta know when those parties are being promoted.

While I haven't been in a couple of years, Havana Club in Buckhead had a decent scene. Music covered all types, including bachata, reggaeton, salsa, merengue, even vallenatos. Just depends on who's djing. I've also been there when they had live bands. Can be a bit pricey, but nice spot if on a date to cut loose.

Tongue and Groove used to have a Latin night mid-week. Again, I've been out of the club scene for a while now. It was decent and even had salsa lessons. Plenty of reggaeton, merengue, salsa, etc....

There's others around. When I think of them, I'll post it.

ninahhh

Mar 6, 2007
i am definately going to try la rumba and i get promotions regularly on my myspace page..... and, yes i will be trying the food at santo domingo. i went out in clayton county for dominican and, yick! the food was thee worst!!

juan189

Oct 31, 2006
www.geocities.com
dominican in atlanta

dominican establishments are primarily in Gwinett county- north of 285
Santo Domingo restaurant has music on friday/saturday night
Quisqueya restaurant also.
El Criollo .... i went to this past weekend was cool. I wish i could tell you more but i dont have the details with me at the moment. I just have to say gwinett county is where you should look and no place else. Oh, santa fe club plays carribean music on the weekends too.

If you need the addresses for these places I could get them for you later.

Good Luck,

Juan
juan189@yahoo.com

P.S. I am a member of a hispanic professional group and if your interested in joining I could send you the link. Take care.

tampa

Sep 27, 2004
i just relocated to augusta. currently there is a party in my house with quite a few dominicans here in augusta. my wife would like to know where in atlanta she can send a box to D.R. for christmas. Back in Tampa she used to sent a box quite often for around $50. any info would be helpful. by the way tomorrow augusta will be hosting a latino festival.