I married a Dominican

#1Gringa

Apr 24, 2007
www.partylite.biz
Hello everyone, Just want to tell my story.............

This is my first time on DR1. I am married to a Dominican man for 10 years now. We met here in NJ in 96, got married in 97, had a son in 98 and daughter in 02. He is a good man, father and husband (so I thought). We have had our ups and downs, but I think the last year, I lost him. In 2004 we had our first trip to DR. This was his first time back to his country for over 17 years. We stayed at a resort in Juan Dolio, close to his city. Everyday we went to his city and I met everyone the family knows. Since then, he decided that every year he wanted to return to DR. In 2006, he went out there in Feb. by himself, then again in June with our son (8 yrs old). Both times he was out there for 2-3 weeks. I trusted him!! He is my husband for 9 years, he's not going to do anything. NOT!!! I found out this year that he hooked up with a sankiette in Feb of 06!!! When he took our son out there, he actually put it out in our son's face. He did a lot of things with this puta and my son caught on very fast. When my son told him that he was going to call mommy and tell her that he was doing a lot of things with this puta, my husband cried to him. He told my son not to say anything to me that mommy would not love him anymore. So for a whole year, my son kept this secret until this Feb. when my husband went out there again. I trusted him with so much, now my heart is broken. He made another mistake. He told a friend of ours about his little puta in DR. That friend told me and then I started investigating. While he was out there, I called him at 2am, he didn't answer the phone, but I had found a few DR #'s from phone records and called them up. La puta answered and I asked for my husband, and her dumb a$$ put him on the phone. NOW THAT HE IS BUSTED!!! His whole family lives here in NJ, and his mother and 3 sisters and a brother are very upset with him. They are all on my side, and he hates that. His life right now has been a living hell since he came home. The funny thing about all of this is that de is pi$$ed at me that I found out and is acting like I was the one doing something wrong. I know that the so-called threat was out there and that he wll never go out there again without me. I love him with all of my heart, but it is broken still. He has not apoligized to me yet, or admitted it to me, but I have a lot of patience and I know that my kindness is eating him up inside. He will one day ask for forgivenss, but only God knows how our marriage will end up to be. I don't think that it was my fault for trusting him, but that he made a very bad decision, and he has to live with this, and I will not ever let him forget it. I am watching him like a hawk now. I never in our 10 years of marriage thought that this would ever happen. :(

So being married to a Dominican man, has been like riding a roller coaster. We've had our ups & downs, and sharp turns, and at the end of the ride I don't know if I am thrilled from the excitement or if I want to puke. But I am trying my best to keep it all together, as a family.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De donde salen????

Hello everyone, Just want to tell my story.............

This is my first time on DR1. I am married to a Dominican man for 10 years now. We met here in NJ in 96, got married in 97, had a son in 98 and daughter in 02. He is a good man, father and husband (so I thought). We have had our ups and downs, but I think the last year, I lost him. In 2004 we had our first trip to DR. This was his first time back to his country for over 17 years. We stayed at a resort in Juan Dolio, close to his city. Everyday we went to his city and I met everyone the family knows. Since then, he decided that every year he wanted to return to DR. In 2006, he went out there in Feb. by himself, then again in June with our son (8 yrs old). Both times he was out there for 2-3 weeks. I trusted him!! He is my husband for 9 years, he's not going to do anything. NOT!!! I found out this year that he hooked up with a sankiette in Feb of 06!!! When he took our son out there, he actually put it out in our son's face. He did a lot of things with this puta and my son caught on very fast. When my son told him that he was going to call mommy and tell her that he was doing a lot of things with this puta, my husband cried to him. He told my son not to say anything to me that mommy would not love him anymore. So for a whole year, my son kept this secret until this Feb. when my husband went out there again. I trusted him with so much, now my heart is broken. He made another mistake. He told a friend of ours about his little puta in DR. That friend told me and then I started investigating. While he was out there, I called him at 2am, he didn't answer the phone, but I had found a few DR #'s from phone records and called them up. La puta answered and I asked for my husband, and her dumb a$$ put him on the phone. NOW THAT HE IS BUSTED!!! His whole family lives here in NJ, and his mother and 3 sisters and a brother are very upset with him. They are all on my side, and he hates that. His life right now has been a living hell since he came home. The funny thing about all of this is that de is pi$$ed at me that I found out and is acting like I was the one doing something wrong. I know that the so-called threat was out there and that he wll never go out there again without me. I love him with all of my heart, but it is broken still. He has not apoligized to me yet, or admitted it to me, but I have a lot of patience and I know that my kindness is eating him up inside. He will one day ask for forgivenss, but only God knows how our marriage will end up to be. I don't think that it was my fault for trusting him, but that he made a very bad decision, and he has to live with this, and I will not ever let him forget it. I am watching him like a hawk now. I never in our 10 years of marriage thought that this would ever happen. :(

So being married to a Dominican man, has been like riding a roller coaster. We've had our ups & downs, and sharp turns, and at the end of the ride I don't know if I am thrilled from the excitement or if I want to puke. But I am trying my best to keep it all together, as a family.
You didn't learn your lesson since you are still with him, so what are you complaining about?.

Yeah, that's a nice way to have a happy marriage, watching him like a hawk and not letting him go to the DR by himself, sure, that will work!!.

You are lucky I am not in the mood for this bullschit!!.

#1Gringa

Apr 24, 2007
www.partylite.biz
First or all, I am not complaining. Others are telling their story, so I thought that I would share also and get some kind of positive feedback if there was any. Not cramp that you are spreading. There was no lesson to learn. If you love and trust someone, then why would have I had to worry about him going alone. Now, that I see how putas are, then I know he will not leave this country again by himself. I didn't make that decision anyway, he did. My marriage will be a happy one again, in due time. As for watching him like a hawk, well, wouldn't you?

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
My post was deleted, let's try it again.

Everyone, wants to get down and dirty every once in awhile, and if it cost's a few squid....wut da el

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Now, that's very Dominican....
No tengo la culpa.
Eres t?.

m'frog

like someone said, not a Dominican thing, but a MALE thing. Of course they always try to blame the woman, they are just looking for a way out.

But if he hasn't apoligize or admitted his fault your situation is gonna take a long time to repair. But always remember that time heals but to heal, each one of you must help by communicating and must be willing to make the relationship work. Don't blame yourself, you were nice enough to let him go on his own and this is how he pays back and in front of your son!!! Ay Dios mio que sinverguenza.:ermm:

Did I say, Only Time Heals?

btw: Froggy be nice, she's going through a tough time and all you can do is joke around, Gringa what he is trying to say is that Dominicans never admit their faults, and actually that's wrong I was married to a non-Dominican man and he wouldn't admit some of his faults either.

Last edited:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Who's To Blame?

... not a Dominican thing, but a MALE thing.

Wrong.
It's typical for Dominicans (both sexes) not to admit any wrongdoing or accepting any fault or responsability for their actions whatsoever.

It doesn't matter whether they are caught red-handed or reason and logic prove one to be a culprit.

That's why it's not out of the ordinary that plane tickets, hotel rooms, taxis, accelerators, whatever are given the blame... :laugh:

Very normal.

m'frog

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
First or all, I am not complaining. Others are telling their story, so I thought that I would share also and get some kind of positive feedback if there was any. Not cramp that you are spreading. There was no lesson to learn. If you love and trust someone, then why would have I had to worry about him going alone. Now, that I see how putas are, then I know he will not leave this country again by himself. I didn't make that decision anyway, he did. My marriage will be a happy one again, in due time. As for watching him like a hawk, well, wouldn't you?

Ask yourself this question, if he caught you cheating, would he stick around and try to make it work?

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
Ask yourself this question, if he caught you cheating, would he stick around and try to make it work?

Thats true! I had that topic of conversation with some dominican men and most actually said that they expect the woman to forgive them when they cheat but if ever they found out that their woman cheated ohhhhh boy watch out they would leave her in a second !

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Some Dominican men think that if they cheat on a woman - it is actually her fault. I could never understand this :confused:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Unfortunatly many don't realize what they are jeopardizing for some moments of pleasure.

It seems that these "moments of pleasure" are the most important part of their life.... I guess we, women, will never get it ... I stopped even trying to understand them.

Cartier

May 14, 2007
It seems that these "moments of pleasure" are the most important part of their life....

For me, it looks like they ARE the most important moments in women's lives... I am sure that it's hard to find so great lover among Europeans and Americans... They won't sing songs and won't take us dancing every night, they won't tell us all these words, in addition the beach, warm weather, palm trees... It's worthy to have this experience in your life. For example, me and my girlfriend, we will remember our experience in DR for the rest of our lives. The time that we have spent their was the best vocations that we have ever had. No matter that right now we are missing a lot these men that we fell in love with...
It's like with alcohol, you have to learn when to stop, otherwise you will be drunk completely and the morning will be painful, but if you will stop at the right time, you will remember these moments with very warm feelings...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
For me, it looks like they ARE the most important moments in women's lives... I am sure that it's hard to find so great lover among Europeans and Americans... They won't sing songs and won't take us dancing every night, they won't tell us all these words, in addition the beach, warm weather, palm trees... It's worthy to have this experience in your life. For example, me and my girlfriend, we will remember our experience in DR for the rest of our lives. The time that we have spent their was the best vocations that we have ever had. No matter that right now we are missing a lot these men that we fell in love with...
It's like with alcohol, you have to learn when to stop, otherwise you will be drunk completely and the morning will be painful, but if you will stop at the right time, you will remember these moments with very warm feelings...

To me it is important if they love me and care about me and will be there for me when I need them. All these songs, words, dancing, etc. is just a nice addition. I guess this what means a "good man" for me - truly cares, loves, respects me, takes responsibility for his words or actions. If he is a good dancer, romantic and likes to have fun - that is a plus ;)

Cartier

May 14, 2007
To me it is important if they love me and care about me and will be there for me when I need them. All these songs, words, dancing, etc. is just a nice addition. I guess this what means a "good man" for me - truly cares, loves, respects me, takes responsibility for his words or actions. If he is a good dancer, romantic and likes to have fun - that is a plus ;)

Yes, it's a plus, but still... You will never have the same experience with "our guys", I have never been in better mood that I have had there, I didn't want to eat, to be around other people, I remember every other moment that I have spent with him... May be people will think that I am crazy, but I am grateful for this experience, these moments and that now I have a fairy-tale which had happened in my life...

#1Gringa

Apr 24, 2007
www.partylite.biz
like someone said, not a Dominican thing, but a MALE thing. Of course they always try to blame the woman, they are just looking for a way out.

But if he hasn't apoligize or admitted his fault your situation is gonna take a long time to repair. But always remember that time heals but to heal, each one of you must help by communicating and must be willing to make the relationship work. Don't blame yourself, you were nice enough to let him go on his own and this is how he pays back and in front of your son!!! Ay Dios mio que sinverguenza.:ermm:

Did I say, Only Time Heals?

btw: Froggy be nice, she's going through a tough time and all you can do is joke around, Gringa what he is trying to say is that Dominicans never admit their faults, and actually that's wrong I was married to a non-Dominican man and he wouldn't admit some of his faults either.
Thanks, but I don't blame myself. Time will tell, and so far, he has been working very hard to change. I see alittle bit of change week by week. For awhile we were not talking though. I played his game, when he ignored, I ignored. Now he is opening up and talking more to me about things with our family and work stuff. I'm just taking it day by day.

Hey mountainfrog, yes, the 'puta' is a 'dominicana', and she new that he is married. I found out that she has done this before to other men. She just used my husband for a good time, and he as a dumb a$$ let it happen. So I blame the both of them!!

Audra, I asked him that question when he came home. He just looked at me and didn't answer. If you only knew what type of person I am, I don't give up easily. This is something that he will never be able to forget. Right now, I am going with the flow of things to keep the family together. It's easy though, because he is putting his part in it too to help keep it together.

M.A.R. - Unfortunatly many don't realize what they are jeopardizing for some moments of pleasure.

Thank you, You are absolutely right!!