Coral Canoa

Haleyscat

May 22, 2007
Hi,

I will be at Coral Canoa in La Romana the beginning of June. Have anyone stayed at this resort? What can I expect? what is the weather like in June?

This is my first trip out of the US so I am VERY excited!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
if you are a female

watch out for the animation guys, don't fall in love with the hotel help.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
just enjoy yourself and tell about it when you get back. i'm interested in what La Romana has to offer....

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Do not allow them to place you by buildings #5 or 4 the power generator is closed by and produce plenty of noise.

Haleyscat

May 22, 2007
Thanks! I will call ahead and request to be place in another building-- Will any of the others do?

Feb 7, 2007
I stayed at Canoa Coral when it was still operated by Hilton in July last year. It is a nice resort, nice rooms, nice grounds, OK food in Buffet, nice beach, I visited also a-la-carte mexican restaurant, very good food. Entertainment is also lively and night shows are passable. I would give it 8 out of 10 for resorts in Bayahibe area, and 7/10 all-in-all among resorts on DR scale. Consider that I am very strict when it comes to resort services and their grading, as I have stayed in about 30 different resorts in DR and have had a chance to compare, from my working as incoming tour operator here.

Haleyscat

May 22, 2007
I stayed at Canoa Coral when it was still operated by Hilton in July last year. It is a nice resort, nice rooms, nice grounds, OK food in Buffet, nice beach, I visited also a-la-carte mexican restaurant, very good food. Entertainment is also lively and night shows are passable. I would give it 8 out of 10 for resorts in Bayahibe area, and 7/10 all-in-all among resorts on DR scale. Consider that I am very strict when it comes to resort services and their grading, as I have stayed in about 30 different resorts in DR and have had a chance to compare, from my working as incoming tour operator here.

Thats Great news! We are just looking to run away for a few days-- no Frills needed! Sounds like we choose the right place :)

Thank you

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Nice little restaurant down the street

Double check with MommC.... I have not been there since Jan.....but there is a nice place, great food, located on the same street as the hotel if u take a taxi and head west,, CAN'T remember the name, but it is on the beach side of the "Conucos" intersection. Plain and simple italian food.

We will be there for dinner the weekend of the 23rd of June.

CB

Sep 19, 2005
I stayed there a few years ago. I liked it . It was as good or better than most of the places I have stayed in Playa Dorado. The weather was perfect in july when I went...you cant predict the weather. The grounds are very nice and the pool is huge. They seemed to be having a lot going on all the time...more than I noticed at the resorts in PD....

I remember the food was good, and they had a lot of variety. BUt since it was several years ago....my recomendation might not mean anything

enjoy

bob

DanaP

May 23, 2007
animacion inquiry

tell me something more about these guys...do you know someone better than the other?
thank you

Princesa, you can post specific questions about guys within the Love forum - sub-forum Sankie 101. You are supposed to give your name & location as well though. and chances are...he's a scam, sorry.

Sep 19, 2005
Princesa, you can post specific questions about guys within the Love forum - sub-forum Sankie 101. You are supposed to give your name & location as well though. and chances are...he's a scam, sorry.

actually that isint true.

the forum frowns upon the use of names when asking about resort workers. because here say is a powerfull weapon and those who are being "labled" dont have the chance to retort.

but you can go ahead and try..it might not get seen until after you have a few answers!!!

bob

DanaP

May 23, 2007
actually that isint true.

the forum frowns upon the use of names when asking about resort workers. because here say is a powerfull weapon and those who are being "labled" dont have the chance to retort.

but you can go ahead and try..it might not get seen until after you have a few answers!!!

bob

I completely understand and agree as to why this isn't encouraged.

But I was pretty sure she wasn't going to get any responses of DR1ers with their lists of 'chocolate friends' and their reputations for her to peruse here. atleast let Anna tell her the scoop & direct her to the sanky info.

She actually does have a thread there about this. didn't get too far!!

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
tell me something more about these guys...do you know someone better than the other?
thank you

1) You're never first, nor his only

2) You're always next, never his last

3) His mother is NOT sick and dying

4) Give him a fake cell phone number

5) WU is not a bank