Dubai-DR DIRECT REGULAR flights by Amirate Airlines!!

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Emirates Airlines har? vuelos regulares a la Rep?blica Dominicana

----
<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(0,0,128) 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: rgb(0,0,128) 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(0,0,128) 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(0,0,128) 0px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=180 align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef>
6039vq0.jpg
El jefe de la delegaci?n de los gobiernos de Dubai y Emiratos ?rabes Unidos (EAU) Buty Ahmed y el presidente de la Junta de Aviaci?n Civil (JAC), Luis P. Rodr?guez Ariza, durante la firma de un Memorando de Entendimiento.​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
SANTO DOMINGO.- La l?nea a?rea Emirates Airlines (EK) operar? vuelos regulares, no regulares y charter desde Dubai hacia Rep?blica Dominicana y viceversa, se anunci? oficialmente.
Para tal fin firmaron en Dubai un memorando de entendimiento para servicios a?reos el presidente de la Junta de Aviaci?n Civil (JAC) de la Rep?blica Dominicana, Luis P. Rodr?guez Ariza, y el jefe de la delegaci?n de los gobiernos de Dubai y Emiratos ?rabes Unidos (EAU), Buty Ahmed.

Seg?n lo acordado, no habr? restricci?n alguna en cuanto a la capacidad, n?mero de frecuencias y/o tipos de aeronaves, sean ?stas propias o arrendadas, a ser operadas en las l?neas a?reas designadas por ambas partes, en servicios de carga, pasajeros, separadamente o en combinaci?n.

via

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Memo

It was a memo of understanding.
I'm not holding my breath on this formality.
It would be excellent for future reference if it
happens. Related to the free trip to Dubai a few
months ago by the DR delegation of high rollers who
were chauffered around in Bentleys, et al.
I hope it happens.....Dubai is building 23 new jetways just
to accompany the A-380. That is money.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
it is only agreement between civil aviation authorities, Emirates Airlines has no idea about these virtual flights. Dominican Republic has no need for these flights. Emirates is expensive carrier and they operate only expensive routes. There is no demand for flights between DR and Asia, i mean for nonstop service to Dubai

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
Well, if they want to try, they are welcome, but they should be prepared to know that there is not a big market demand between DR and Dubai. Like Aviastar said, Emirates is one of the most luxury carriers in the world, and luxury costs a lot, so, don't even think that they will have cheap fares. Dominicans always look for the cheapest fare, and I bet someone going to Dubai will find a better price in another carrier, making some stops, of course.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
it is only agreement between civil aviation authorities, Emirates Airlines has no idea about these virtual flights. Dominican Republic has no need for these flights. Emirates is expensive carrier and they operate only expensive routes. There is no demand for flights between DR and Asia, i mean for nonstop service to Dubai

This is what US/European carriers would hope does not happen. To fly to Asia, Africa or the Middle East you must fly though the US or Europe making the flights twice as costly and longer timewise, a hub between Latin America and Asia to service directly from our region would have demand, especially if trade and tourism increases to these areas.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

They will promote punta cana and bavaro to the people who can afford to come here.
AZB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Many of the people responding here appear to not know how capitalism functions, well except for AZB and Narcosis.

If there is a demand for something, you supply such.

If you have a supply of something, you have to create the demand.

There was a time when Americans didn't really visited the DR on vacation, now they dominate the Dominican tourist industry. Thats the result of a little luck and plenty of marketing efforts.

Today there is little to no demand between the Middle East and the DR, but that's today. Tomorrow can be a different story.

-NALs

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There can be a good demand if people actually find out what we have to offer them. There were times when europeans would flock to Thailand for beach and sexual adventures now they come to Caribbean for the same. Thailand has become so filthy that only a few selected visit there.
I have been to Dubai and to other gulf states. I think it could work out fine if the tourism industry can offer them special attractive packages to punta cana or bavaro locations. I bet the rich would fill up the villas in la romana, casa de campo area. These folks have the money to spend and emirate is a state owned airline. This means the fuel costs are not as serious as for other airlines. The government covers much of the operational costs. This mean if the plane comes here half empty for a long time, they could still survive. They have got the oil and money to take losses until the business picks up.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is what US/European carriers would hope does not happen. To fly to Asia, Africa or the Middle East you must fly though the US or Europe making the flights twice as costly and longer timewise, a hub between Latin America and Asia to service directly from our region would have demand, especially if trade and tourism increases to these areas.

This is happening already. No more need for USA stops and worry about the transit visa. Iranians can fly from tehran to syria and then non stop to caracas, venezuela (I think this is the route or something like that). No need to stop over or change planes in USA. This is just the beginning, many will follow.
AZB

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Dubai ain't no Syria. ..its a freaking mega-super-hub! It won't only cater to Arabs wanting to take a visit to Cap Cana and Dominican wanting to visit Dubai. It will soon be THE UNDISPUTABLE connection of choise to all the Middle East, Asia, India and Pakistan, etc.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dubai ain't no Syria. ..its a freaking mega-super-hub! It won't only cater to Arabs wanting to take a visit to Cap Cana and Dominican wanting to visit Dubai. It will soon be THE UNDISPUTABLE connection of choise to all the Middle East, Asia, India and Pakistan, etc.

I agree 100%. Its already a super hub to all over the world, especially Asian countries. They even give you a free night in a fancy hotel if you have a lay-over. I stayed in a nice hotel in bahrain, all food transportation paid for by gulf air. The hotel was very classy and room very fancy.
The point is, even if they are a super hub, they still don't have any non stops to south america or to caribbean. But all this is changing.
AZB

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Keep dreaming ....

Citizens of UAE travel to countries where they can rent an island for one family in order to satisfy they need for a good vacation.

Emirates prices are astronomic for dominican and latin american passengers, there is no such a huge traffic between this region and destinations served by EK.

So .......

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Think So too....

They will promote punta cana and bavaro to the people who can afford to come here.
AZB

i`m 100% with AZB here........ if it becomes a reality, DXB-PUJ would be the most logical first route (or only route)

Hummm A340-600 at PUJ??? Nice....

Slds

STIOP

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Keep dreaming ....

Citizens of UAE travel to countries where they can rent an island for one family in order to satisfy they need for a good vacation.

Emirates prices are astronomic for dominican and latin american passengers, there is no such a huge traffic between this region and destinations served by EK.

So .......

I disagree, not all UAE citizens are rich by any standards. many folks live a normal life, but many are super rich as well. The sheiks are rich but not all UAE citizens are rich. I have been there and I know people there.
AZB