any hostel?

passion

Feb 24, 2007
hi..
is it posibble to find a cheap hostel for a backpackers in la romana?
any tips will be greatfull..
thanx.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hi..
is it posibble to find a cheap hostel for a backpackers in la romana?
any tips will be greatfull..
thanx.
The hostel concept doesn't really exist in the DR.
What they have is called "habitaciones", ie: Rooms.
They are inexpensive, usually with common bathrooms, not very secure, usually have no back up power, but are cheap.
So that is what you ask for when you get there.
Motoconchos will know where to find them.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
There are cheap hotels. One I know is called La Rosa which is RD350/night. Take the main road, Padre Abreu, all the way through town and turn left at the Hotel Olympo. It's a couple of blocks down on the right.

Feb 7, 2007
As suggested, ask motoconchos for cheap hotels. If you speak spanish, should be easy. In Romana (and usually everywhere) anything below 500 pesos is cheap. Usually 500-pesos rooms outside of big cities (Santiago, Santo Domingo) and expensive cities (Bavaro, Sosua, Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Romana) are decent ones, with A/C, cieling fan, private bath (often with warm (not hot) water) and cable TV. Non-AC rooms are about 100 pesos less, as a rule of thumb, everywhere. Not a 100% rule, but most often then not. So if you don't need AC, ask for a room with a fan only and usually you can save couple of pesos.

passion

Feb 24, 2007
thanks for info,im not sure i want confort in hotels(A/C,cable tv and s.tging like that).just cheap and want to meet other travellers as a hostel.its more fun and cheap way.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
thanks for info,im not sure i want confort in hotels(A/C,cable tv and s.tging like that).just cheap and want to meet other travellers as a hostel.its more fun and cheap way.
You are not likely to meet other travelers in habitaciones. It's mostly locals.