Finally used some of my Dominican Vanilla yummm!!

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hello after several trips to Dominican and trying several pastels with Dominican Vainilla(as it is spelled on the bottle) and Dominican azucar, I finally had a chance to use the Vanillia I bought.I got the blanco from Chez And Brug S. A.?? this Vanilla is the best I have ever tasted and added so much to my recipe. a little goes a long way ! I consider it the best and it is the only I have tasted from the Island ! any others out there as good?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
:pirate:

m'frog
Not sure what your post has to do with vanillia but I have been training in Dominican for several months I live in Jaun Dolio for two weeks and I live in Michigan the other two weeks. So there for I have taken several trips to Dominican this year. Does that answer any question you may have?? How do you like the Vanillia?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Here, I'll throw you a bone...

The country is called Dominican Republic, not the Dominican. ;)

Gracias por tu ayuda ! Lo siento ! In the U.S. We Dont always say United States of America. We shorten it to the United States and I have even heard several people from The Republic of Dominicana call it the States. I have never taken offense because it is something we do ourselves. I should never have taken that for granted thanks for the bone and sorry for any offended.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
m'frog if it wasnt for your short, curt, Impolite post I may have easily forgotten what Hipocrito Mejia has taught me. Thanks!:cheeky:

Stick around and I'm sure m'frog will give you plenty short,curt, and impolite posts. So you will learn quick.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Gracias por tu ayuda ! Lo siento ! In the U.S. We Dont always say United States of America. We shorten it to the United States and I have even heard several people from The Republic of Dominicana call it the States. I have never taken offense because it is something we do ourselves. I should never have taken that for granted thanks for the bone and sorry for any offended.

This country is called The Dominican Republic, a Dominican is a person that lives here, as in the USA a native is called an American, dont worry about MF his croak is worse than his bite

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Artificial Stuff

... vanilla/vainilla

I have never seen harvested vanilla pods in this country and it would not surprise me if methyl and ethyl vanillin was imported in 55-gallon-drums to fill it into small bottles for the tourists... ;)

Good vanilla pods (Bourbon) are very expensive and its extract as well.

m'frog

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
What ever it is its alot better than the imitation or real vanillia I buy here. Its cheaper and better tasteing than what I can get ahold of at home. We went to a agruculture fair in Santa Domingo which was really huge we saw a couple booths that showed how the pods where made into vanilla and it also showed the region it was grown in. It was some time ago and I dont remember where. I wouldnt think it was all a show for tourists because there were not many tourist there mostly farmers. But who knows?????????

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I have never seen harvested vanilla pods in this country and it would not surprise me if methyl and ethyl vanillin was imported in 55-gallon-drums to fill it into small bottles for the tourists... ;)

Good vanilla pods (Bourbon) are very expensive and its extract as well.

m'frog
I agree with you. Vanilla extract, the real kind, is very expensive. And very strong. I would be surprised if there is vanilla at all in those bottles of Dominican 'vanilla'.

candice

Jan 23, 2006
Vainilla from Republica Dominicana

Hello after several trips to Dominican and trying several pastels with Dominican Vainilla(as it is spelled on the bottle) and Dominican azucar, I finally had a chance to use the Vanillia I bought.I got the blanco from Chez And Brug S. A.?? this Vanilla is the best I have ever tasted and added so much to my recipe. a little goes a long way ! I consider it the best and it is the only I have tasted from the Island ! any others out there as good?

Vainilla from Industrias Doncel is very good. On my last trip I bought Quisqueya Vanilla and it was about the same. I love to bake and always use Vainilla from the Republica Dominicana. Friends of mine who don't bake love to get gifts of deserts made this and I always bring back two 32 oz. (one litre) bottles to share with others who like to bake. Candice

maggiee

Jun 18, 2007
If you just read the label, or even taste that stuff, you'll immediately realize it couldn't possibly be real vanilla. But as well, the label clearly says "color and flavor" (colorantes y sabores) and the "ext." almost certainly means an "extract"---but from what is a good question!

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I have but real vanilla in the Placita i nSnatiago, not an extract but the actual bainita, the one where you have to scrape the dark seeds from the bainita. Not that expensive I got like 5 long beans(or what ever is the actual name for that for like 50 pesos. Was making un flan. In the states(USA) you can get DR type of vanilla extract from productos cibao in NYC. or just walk to a any bodega in the NYC metro area and you will find lots of DR products.