Hurricanes Oct /Nov?

msa319

Mar 11, 2002
Trying to decide on Oct or Nov for our next trip, has there been a lot of Hurricane activity in the past during these months?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
See if you can find an archive on this site NOAA Home Page. This is for POP. My neighbors tell me this is the most rain then they have ever seen. So not sure of any weather predictions. But its great here, no rain or not.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Your risk will also depend on what area of this country you are planning to visit!

This year Oct and Nov were both beautiful months here in Puerto Plata. But I can tell you the 3 years prior, November was very very wet!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Trying to decide on Oct or Nov for our next trip, has there been a lot of Hurricane activity in the past during these months?

You need to tell us what part of the country you are intending to visit.

msa319

Mar 11, 2002
I visited last Nov and the weather was beautiful, but I have never visited in Oct. I will be spending sometime in SFDM and POP.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have no problems!! Sure, we get rains. Then we get sun. this is the tropics.

As for a hurricane? doubtful according to statistics, but, what was it? Like two years ago? They ran out of names and had to start using the Greek alphabet... But nothing really happened here...

And it is wonderful to see everything green!!

HB

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
actually, the less gringos that come in oct/nov, they better for me and the chicas :laugh:
yes, wait until december....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I visited last Nov and the weather was beautiful, but I have never visited in Oct. I will be spending sometime in SFDM and POP.

You have little to worry about at any time of the year. The areas you are visiting are very low risk-of-hurricanes areas.