Food prices go up in DR. What does the president do? Lower prices of cigarrets

kingsbridge77

Apr 29, 2004
As we can see in this report, basic food needs of Dominicans have gone up in price 49% in t he last 3 years. Wages have gone up only 40% in the same period.
And what does our president do? Lower taxes on cigarrettes and alcohol.
Now we see what the priorities of this presidents are: Benefit big business without caring about Dominicans going hungry, which is the real #1 problem that needs to be addressed in our nation.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
As we can see in this report, basic food needs of Dominicans have gone up in price 49% in t he last 3 years. Wages have gone up only 40% in the same period.
And what does our president do? Lower taxes on cigarrettes and alcohol.
Now we see what the priorities of this presidents are: Benefit big business without caring about Dominicans going hungry, which is the real #1 problem that needs to be addressed in our nation.

Reminds me of the times I was a cigarrette adict, when I could go without food, but not without my smokes. I was skinny then...;-)

DesiArnez6

Aug 9, 2005
So sad, what is neede is some real investment in the nation's INESPRE program so that it is actually accessible, and cheaper, as even INESPRE is too expensive beyond the beans and rice. Also, more money is desperately needed at the Commedores Economicos, as the food has gotten a bit worse, it is no longer completely nutritious as, vegetables are rarely ever found, and fruit hah, maybe three times a year. Such investment could easily boost Dominican Agriculture production, especially in dire times of DR CAFTA foreign agricultural competition.