Current taxi fair from Las Americas Airport to Gascue

Gaby78

May 3, 2007
Hi I will be taking a taxi from Las Americas Airport to Gascue (Hotel Maisson) How much should the price be for 2 persons?

thanx

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Recently my sister was to pay $50 for the cab until a Dominican joined her and negotiated the cab for $30. The cab, not the seats.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
From the airport to the city you will pay around 35 dollars. From the city to the airport you can get a better fare. or hey call me and I will do it for less.

OscarDeLaRenta

Nov 24, 2008
I understand this is an old post, but it's worth mentioning that I've never paid more than 500 pesos from Las Americas to the center of Santo Domingo, which would be roughly 30-35 trips over several years. That's a little less than $14.50. The last time was earily September '09. One time I paid in dollars, and it was $15, which is about 525 pesos. These were negotiated fares, mind you. And they didn't start out nearly that low. The dollar rate was offered at US$40 by the driver, and I nego'd it down to US$15. The peso ask started out 1,000 pesos, and my bid was 200, and we settled on 500. If you're paying more, you aren't negotiating properly and you're paying too much, or more specifically, more than necessary. Then again, "negotiating properly" is meaningless...this is Capitalism in action, and you hadn't had perfect information, until now.