Savings Car Rental??

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Hey, has anyone ever used savings car rental before? I have only ever used alamo but these guys are much cheaper. Makes me wonder:paranoid:

They have offices at sti and sdq...Anyways thanks in advance.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I dont think they have an office at sdq but they will send a car from sti. the ain office is at pop. ive used them several times. they are really nice people and the service is very good, but you really do get what you pay for... the cars (at least the jeepetas, all ive ever rented from them) are usually in VERY bad condition...After having to swap vehicles 3 times, I stopped using them and switched to Tropicar (at POP).

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I was afraid of that

That's what I was afraid of. But I can't bring myself to pay the big $$$ of the large companies for a jeepeta.

I like how they put up pictures of new models on their site though...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If that includes all taxes,insurance etc...and its really a "fulll size", its not bad... but you should be able to get a decent car from an airport rental company for $30 a day though. Jeepetas for about $45-50.

nikkanny

Jun 5, 2007
how bout a wrangler?

thanks... Also, Do the airport companies have wranglers to rent, if so are they in bad condition? What company should I go with? the one i got tha previous quote was with avis.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Ive never seen wranglers for rent, but someone might have them...the jeeps range from suzuki sports to mitsubishi Montero limiteds...no convertibles though

If youre renting at POP I can recommend Tropicar... they have a website if you do a search...