?l Yaque Deve Vivir

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Yesterday morning the SOECI inaugurated an exhibition of picture of Rio Yaque del Norte where they are showing us some of the locations where el rio needs our help and some of the places where el is doing good.
I invite every concern environmentalist and Santiagero to pass by the north fence of el Teatro Cibao and see this great pictures taken by Grufo.
I ask every one what can you do to save el yaque. You not the government how cna you help. No theories actions something small so we can begin with the "rescate of el Yaque.
Me today I started to clean a ca?ada that passes near my house so the water that goes into the rio will bring less debrie. Now my actions are small since i lack funding but I pay some guys to take out like 15 carretillas de basura.
Can we all do something please.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Is there someone in Santiago -- Hillbilly, Texas Bill, you Chola, or any of the many Santiago DR1ers we have here, or perhaps connected with SOECI, who can do a quick-and-simple guest blog about this issue for the Green Team? Would be particularly good if with some of the pictures you describe (perhaps we can get permission to use them with full attribution) and/or pictures of the type of clean-up you did.

This might help get the issue out there.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Keith ill speka with Nelso the president of SOECi and see if he can provide DR! with the pictures there about 800 of them.
in his laptop. Ill start to take pictures of the small cleanig that we did in Cerro Don Antonio.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
pictures

Keith SOECI agree to let us use the pics to bring more attention to the river issue. Ill email the green team tommorrow with some pictures.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thanks, Chola. Anyone else from the Santiago that would like to help with this project as well? All input welcome.

And if anyone from the area can write the guest post for the blog, please volunteer, if your name is withheld on the post (only I would know). I prefer someone from the area who can write about the Yanqui with a firsthand knowledge/perspective.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I was near the Palacio de Justicia and walk up the Imbert street that creates most of the liquid contamination. I have picture of radiator colant being pour unto the gutter and running toward the river, spoke to the young operator about getting emty containners to pour liquid, then he said there is no safe way arrange for disposal. It seems the city of Santiago does not have any safty in handliing contaminants. Trast is not handle separated, into types. Let see if we that have been to the first world, bring some changes! Kitchen waste such a meat cuttings goes in trash, leaf, branches goes in green and is process into mulch, plastic trays from packing and plactics and glass, newspaper, get sold as recycleables.How did all those houses get permit to build into the river bed? Why is there a concrete wall and the trees all dead, where chemicals used to destroy the river enviroment?