tobacco harvest pictures

Sep 19, 2005
I thought Id post a series of photos I took of tobacco being harvested and hung to dry on my GFs uncles land. There are three uncles living in the one house on the property. No running water( piped into the yard) and no invertor. One of them used to raise pigs, but he kept borrowing against his future litters until he owned more than all his pigs were worth. All three drink heavily. I am glad they find time to get sober enough to work the fields.....they live to make enough money to get drunk...

anyway...thats enough about them

some photos

6b2j96f.jpg

63jv03k.jpg

66lkx84.jpg

6b1bfh3.jpg

4qf58nl.jpg

6c6uh4y.jpg

4pcd0f5.jpg

hope you enjoy them.....
bob

C

Chip00

Bob

Does this mean that we can "sample" the stock next time you're in town? haha :)

Sep 19, 2005
sure chip, come on over and chomp on some tobacco leaves before they leave the farm!!!!!!!!!!!

you want a picture of the three uncles??? well one is in one of the pictures , one has medical problems and doesnt leave the house at all.....and one told me
:you can take my picture , but then I have to kill you"....so I left his picture ha ha ha ha

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Interesting photos, Robert, interesting.
That is Olor tobacco, and some of it looks quite good. Especially for binder. They might have stuff worth RD$3000- RD$5000 a hundredweight (quintal) And I have to say, i do not know how much good FF binder is going for these days, so it could be more or it could be a little less...

Let me say, it looks good.

HB