The BEST Art Galleries

findmehere

Jun 12, 2007
Does anyone know where to shop for one-of-a-kind artwork without going to the capital. Thanks for you assistance.

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Lisa Kirkman has a nice gallery in Sosua across from the Britannia restaurant beside Amber Guardian office. She supports the local Dominican artist and there are some very talented artists working with many mediums.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Check the Tomas Morel Folkloric Museum in downtown Santiago, a treasure trove of history, especially carnival masks and memorabilia.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
There is a Gallery that just opened in Caberete, in the shopping center where Banco De Popular is. Has Dr. Artists. We haven't been there but others have told us that it's worth going to.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago:
Centro Leon Jimenes on 27 de Febrero
There is a gallery in the old Sang house, about 30 yards from Juan Pablo Duarte, across the street from Bromelia Mall, and not from from the Municipal Palace.
In Santo Domingo there is the Bella Museum and the Garc'ia Arevalo Museum as well as the MMA of Sto Dgo.

HB

courtneypowers

Sep 18, 2003
New Gallery - Villa Olga

I have recently opened an art gallery (and framing) in Villa Olga Santiago. We have a great selection of artists and the best prices around - come see for yourself. It's called Courtney Ann and is located on c/Prolongacion 5 which is between streets 11 and 13.

(directions: take Benito Juarez down the the end, turn right on calle 13 and take your first right)

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Photographs of the Dominican Republic

Saludos! You can purchase photographs from my website at www.geraceimages.com of typical Dominican life. This includes images of the people and their warm spirit as well as the beautiful beaches and landscapes.
Regarding your "one of a kind" request I can do any print on canvas as well as make mural size prints-including long panoramics.
You can also see my photography in the Media Gallery section here at DR1 at http://www.dr1.com/media/showgallery.php/cat/505.
Gracias,
Paul Gerace