Weather in Cabarete?

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Hello! I was wondering if anyone out there staying or living in Cabarete could give me an update on the weather conditions right now? My husband and I will be arriving Friday (soooo EXCITED!!) and I know there has been some precipitation.
I have heard that it is fairly windy in Cabarete. Is there ever a time when the windy weather makes it cold? Or does it just provide a nice break from the heat and humidity?
I get cold fairly easily and was a little concerned.

Thanks,
Relaxtime

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Weather in Cabarete//

Hello! I was wondering if anyone out there staying or living in Cabarete could give me an update on the weather conditions right now? My husband and I will be arriving Friday (soooo EXCITED!!) and I know there has been some precipitation.
I have heard that it is fairly windy in Cabarete. Is there ever a time when the windy weather makes it cold? Or does it just provide a nice break from the heat and humidity?
I get cold fairly easily and was a little concerned.

Thanks,
Relaxtime

I am about 15 mins from Cabarete and lived here just a year now and, believe me, it never gets cold!!!! There tends to be more breeze in the afternoons in Cabarete and that is when most of the kite boarders are out taking advantage of the winds. When I moved here I brought a couple of jumpers (just in case) but can honestly say they have not left my wardrobe. Just out of interest where are you visiting from?

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Read this thread - Planner in Puerto Plata talks about the weather and Cabarete is close enough .. Yes, it is windy sometimes in Cabarete, but not so much that it will spoil a holiday. At this time of the year it probably is not even necessary for a light jacket in the evening - but take one if you get cold quickly.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/weather-beyond/34574-puerto-plata-weather-report.html

I checked Planner's thread today and he hasen't updated it since the 9th. I was currious if any conditions had changed since then.
I don't think my vacation will be spoiled by a little wind or rain I just wanted to know if I will need to bring a sweater or jacket.
Thanks for the reply. ;)

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
I am about 15 mins from Cabarete and lived here just a year now and, believe me, it never gets cold!!!! There tends to be more breeze in the afternoons in Cabarete and that is when most of the kite boarders are out taking advantage of the winds. When I moved here I brought a couple of jumpers (just in case) but can honestly say they have not left my wardrobe. Just out of interest where are you visiting from?

That's great news! Thanks for the reply. ;)