Re: Juan Dolio-3 questions

sytech

May 25, 2007
Re: Juan Dolio-3 questions

I am scheduled to arrive in the D.R. on June 27 for sun and diving.

I have some questions:

1) How much is the cab fare from the International Airport to the Embassy Suites in Juan Dolio? I will be arriving around noon.

2) I understand that there is a small mini-market at the entrance to the Embassy Suites. Can I get "basics" (soda, milk fruit etc.) there?

3) The long term forecast is not looking too great as of now. Do afternoon clouds and showers tend to dissipate or do they hang around all day?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I am assuming that the airprot you refer to is Las Americas?? If this is the case, a cab should run you around $25.

Am not familiar with the mini market.

Weather...hhm, only G-d can answer that! Seriosuly all jokes aside, do yourself a favor and dont look at the weather forecast prior to your trip. Your arrival does co-incide with the onset of "Hurricane season" and it may be rainy or cloudy but in my vast experience in the DR and Juan Dolio specifically, the sun will shine too. Hope for the best and make the most of your time there no matter what the weather!;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Expect to pay RD$1500 for the cab fare unless you can bargain them down (that's what they wanted back in Jan. so I'm sure it hasn't gone down since then, or about $45-50).
The mini-market sells juice,water,soda and snacks (much like a 7-11) however you won't find fresh fruit there. Not sure about milk (but they do have ice cream bars!!!)
If milk is a necessity you can ask at the front dest of the hotel or just make your way to Naito Mini market on the beach entrance road (first one you come to for Juan Dolio just before you get to the turn into Metro Golf and Country Club where Embassy suites is located!).
As for the weather .....what can I say, sun shines in JD when San Pedro and Boca Chica are getting rain so unless there is a system covering the whole southern part of the island chances are if it does rain it will be a tropical downpour of short duration and then the sun will shine!

Enjoy your stay!!!

Last edited: