ADUANA and FedEX tried to put me in jail!

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
What the hell is up with this ****? Aduana trying to lock me up because my mom sent me the new jordans through FedEx..

I received a phone call at my house, but I wasn't home so my aunt answered the phone. FedEx had called saying that I needed to go and check a box that had been sent to me because it contained some kind of contrband. My aunt asked what kind of contraband and they said it was suspected of carrying weapons or illegal substances. So when I heard about this I went there and FedEx sent me to Aduana, where I was investigated by two guardias who put me in a room and threatened to send me to jail. I told them literally to go **** themselves and kill me before they send me to jail because they would not take me alive for being an innocent man. I told them if they were so sure that I had something bad in there they could investigate me. The older guardia got mad and sent me to go look for some guy at (I will not be mentioning last names or personal information) at Aduana and he didn't want to show me the box, but he told me that the box's weight was wrong and the the value of the contents in the box was put under "a dollar". I went upstairs and got permission from someone to open the box, I went back to the guy and he opened the box and started bitching about how my new jordans cost more than a hundred dollars, that his nephew wanted a pair and that he knows how much they cost. He told me that "it was best to leave the box there and forget about it because it would be impossible for me to get it now since the box had been marked wrong" ...I told him I was going to get the box and then he told me that it would take an "8 day process that doesn't gurantee I will get my box" and then he sent me back to the two guardias to wait look for some supervisor, and the guardias told me he was at lunch and LOCKED ME IN A ROOM FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF. They came and opened the door but said I couldn't leave until I paid a broker to change the value of the box, I did and came back the next day with my uncle and aunt, whom are well recognized because my family is VERY WELL RECOGNIZED in DR. Then eveyrone acted like they didn't know what happened and told my uncle and aunt that the guardias were just playing a joke the the whole ADUANA office does sometimes and that sometimes the victims of the joke don't understand it and are confused. I told them that its okay, that my father is talking to the ambassador of and that I will be pulling a joke on them that they might not understand either. I got my box. My father is talking to teh ambassador of DR.

I'm a Dominican and I don't put up with **** from no one. I want to know why this happened, because I've dealt with my fair share of assholes in DR and in the US but this **** is OD.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I want to know why this happened, because I've dealt with my fair share of assholes in DR and in the US but this **** is OD.

I don't think anyone on this board can tell you why this happened, unless we have a few customs officers lurking.

You should know better than anyone, it's the DR, things like this can happen.
Unfortunately we still have a few uneducated scum running around as officials that have been appointed by their uncles, aunt etc.

You got your Jordan's, your uncle flexed his muscle, be happy and move on.

Just one point... why would you uncle be talking to the ambassador of the DR if you live here? I'm assuming your talking about the DR ambassador in the USA?

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
You should know better than anyone, it's the DR, things like this can happen. Unfortunately we still have a few uneducated scum running around as officials that have been appointed by their uncles, aunt etc.

Just one point... why would you uncle be talking to the ambassador of the DR if you live here? I'm assuming your talking about the DR ambassador in the USA?

Just because this thing happens quite often in DR doesn't make it excusable. Thats the problem with this country, nobody cares enough to fix things around here. Simple.

My uncle is not talking to the ambassador. My father is. He is in South Korea right now, thats why.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just because this thing happens quite often in DR doesn't make it excusable. Thats the problem with this country, nobody cares enough to fix things around here. Simple.

My uncle is not talking to the ambassador. My father is. He is in South Korea right now, thats why.

"Quite often" has not been my personal experience.
Yes, things happen, just like they happen in Colombia, England, USA etc.
I'm not making excuses for these a$$ holes, but just because you have one bad experience, don't cast a shadow on everyone and everything else, as that's not the reality in the DR right now.

If you look at the past 3-4 years, lots have things are slowly being fixed.
Look no further than the DGII and the pressure that CAFTA now puts on customs to change and adapt.

Change takes time, especially in a country that's culturally corrupt.

I watched a publico stop at a red light today, now that's progress! :)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Yeah, it does happen.

....Yes, things happen, just like they happen in Colombia, England, USA etc.
Happenings of very different nature I presume.

Change takes time, especially in a country that's culturally corrupt.

True.
'Dame algo'-fees have gone up. ;)

...I watched a publico stop at a red light today, now that's progress! :)
They do frequently....

running out of petrol.

m'frog

C

Chip00

Aguacate...

I'm happy things worked out for you and glad Aduanas will be getting a taste of their own medicine, the bastards.

carls

Feb 28, 2006
from my point of view those people were pretending to be officials employee and they were to steal the sneakers from you.
according to the free trade agreemet all type of clothes and shoes which are made in the united state are free to enter in this country.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
aguakateyplatanotolodia said:
The older guardia got mad and sent me to go look for some guy at (I will not be mentioning last names or personal information) at Aduana and he didn't want to show me the box, but he told me that the box's weight was wrong and the the value of the contents in the box was put under "a dollar". I went upstairs and got permission from someone to open the box, I went back to the guy and he opened the box and started bitching about how my new jordans cost more than a hundred dollars, that his nephew wanted a pair and that he knows how much they cost.
Perhaps they have some sort of "profile"? Underweight and no value? I'm not giving these guys a pass, but I can see how it may make them suspicious, especially if they hadn't opened the box up yet.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
just because you have one bad experience, don't cast a shadow on everyone and everything else, as that's not the reality in the DR right now.

I watched a publico stop at a red light today, now that's progress! :)

One bad experience? How about when police stop me and take money from me? When People come and rob my friends house and no one is caught because it is the freaking security robbing the houses? I don't think you know what you're talking about. A publico stopping at a red light? Progress? What ****ing progress? Everything is the same as it ever was except that some high class rich folks live a little bit more comfortable now. Stopping at a red light won't change anything. Making change happen by force will...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey! We have a budding revolutionary!! I can understand your "pique", it happens a lot, I know.
Thing is, you are right. Until a whole bunch of people are lined up and shot, things will not change. And I don't think even Candelier could make it happen.

Could you imagine a public execution, say at Aduana headquarters with all inspectors forced to watch? Some axxhole blindfolded, crying that ''he was just playing games'', peeing his pants, and then being shot by a firing squad!!
I do not think that there would be many more "games" being played....

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Making change happen by force will...

Yes, that's why they NOW slap you with 6hrs of driver training etc.
What do you suggest, slit the throats of people that cross red lights?

I haven't been stopped in years, drive all over the country.
Why do they stop you? Why do you pay them?

If the security guy is robbing the house, then you know who it is.
Pay someone RD$5,000 to beat the crap out of the security guard, break some arms and legs. It's not hard, plenty of people will do that for a few pesos.

You had a bad day, get over it. We all know this country isn't perfect, that's why many of us choose to live and do business here :)

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Yes, that's why they NOW slap you with 6hrs of driver training etc.
What do you suggest, slit the throats of people that cross red lights?

I haven't been stopped in years, drive all over the country.
Why do they stop you? Why do you pay them?

If the security guy is robbing the house, then you know who it is.
Pay someone RD$5,000 to beat the crap out of the security guard, break some arms and legs. It's not hard, plenty of people will do that for a few pesos.

I paid them because they put a gun to my face, a reality of DR that I'm sure you haven't gotten used to yet because your money keeps you in a safe place. As for the security, we DID beat his ass and we broke his jaw, then he we took him to his house and broke everything in his house. Message plain and simple - Don't **** with me. I still don't see what stopping at a red light has to do with any of this. The problem is we have all these people living here who can live in the US (or some other country) also whenever they want. So they say things like "this is how DR is, get used to it" because they know that if DR gets so unbearable to live in, they can just leave. I know how DR is, I am Dominican. I'm nto some spoiled American or some foreigner coming here to do business or something. The reality in DR is the reality I'm used. Does that mean that I'm just going to sit down and take it? No.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I paid them because they put a gun to my face, a reality of DR that I'm sure you haven't gotten used to yet because your money keeps you in a safe place. As for the security, we DID beat his ass and we broke his jaw, then he we took him to his house and broke everything in his house. Message plain and simple - Don't **** with me. I still don't see what stopping at a red light has to do with any of this. The problem is we have all these people living here who can live in the US (or some other country) also whenever they want. So they say things like "this is how DR is, get used to it" because they know that if DR gets so unbearable to live in, they can just leave. I know how DR is, I am Dominican. I'm nto some spoiled American or some foreigner coming here to do business or something. The reality in DR is the reality I'm used. Does that mean that I'm just going to sit down and take it? No.
I'm confused.

Why didn't you beat the FedEx and Aduana's ass, break their jaw and mess up their houses too? Don't they need to learn who to mess with, too?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I paid them because they put a gun to my face, a reality of DR that I'm sure you haven't gotten used to yet because your money keeps you in a safe place.
Money doesn't keep me in a safe place. I'm smart enough not to hang around unsafe places.

As for the security, we DID beat his ass and we broke his jaw, then he we took him to his house and broke everything in his house. Message plain and simple - Don't **** with me.
Did it feel good? Did you get your new Jordans dirty?

I still don't see what stopping at a red light has to do with any of this.
Don't worry about it. It's humor at another level ;)

The problem is we have all these people living here who can live in the US (or some other country) also whenever they want. So they say things like "this is how DR is, get used to it" because they know that if DR gets so unbearable to live in, they can just leave. I know how DR is, I am Dominican. I'm nto some spoiled American or some foreigner coming here to do business or something. The reality in DR is the reality I'm used. Does that mean that I'm just going to sit down and take it? No.

Do you feel better now?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Maybe if the true value of the item was put on the form you could of avoided this. You really think putting true value of $1 US on a box is'nt going to raise some flags?

I have items shipped to me from other countries on a regular basis, and the USPS is supposed to charge me whatever they're supposed to(customs duty, tax, whatever) and they never do.

Many times they don't even ask for ID like they are supposed to. Incompetence sometimes has a way of working in your favor, but remember where you live.

I know it can get frustrating, but how are you supposed to change anything by kicking everyones' ass?

hamburgesa

Mar 18, 2007
Jesus! And I'm a beautiful blonde who's thinking of coming and living here too?
Do you think that might actually work in my favour?