Budget hotels in Luperon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Does anyone know of any inexpensive, simple hotels in Luperon? I am having a hard time getting names of hotels that arent AI.

I'm am searching for simple, no AC, but clean for less than 30$ night.

Thanks

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Thanks it looks interesting but I really need to get 2 rooms either in one apartment or two hotel rooms.

Maybe there are better options for me?

Thanks anyone for your input!

hannahleea

Jan 31, 2006
There is a very small motel in Luperon, and I think it is simply called the Luperon Motel. It is on the main street heading west out of town. I have no idea what the rates are. I stayed at the Luperon Beach resort and found their rates to be very reasonable considering they include all meals, entertainment and drinks, and are right on the beach, have several pools, etc. But those are per person rates, not per room. When are you going. I just spoke to a friend in Luperon last night, but may be calling there again this weekend. Also have friends heading down tonight for a week, so I'll see if they can get any info (rates, phone number, e-mail address).

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I am going in october for a few weeks. Will be staying mostly in SD, Santiago and Sosua at a friends place. I wanted to check out luperon for a couple of days (I have never been). AI don't interest me, usually no matter where I go in DR I find very simple, clean hotels for between 10-30$. I seem to be having difficulty finding something in luperon though ; )

Since I am travelling with my husband, father and 2 kids I need 2 rooms though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
luperon motels

There are several motles in Luperon, and also a run down AI. But there are little hotels in town. If you haven?t been to Luperon efore, basically you come into town from Imbert, go over a couple speed bumps and past the cop shop. The road splits. Stay to the left which will take you to the main intersection of town. Nana has a store on the corner and speaks great English and is a sweetheart. Lettie?s is on another of the four corners, They have rooms fro 300 or so a nigh If you come to the four corners and go left, you?ll come to another hotel in about a block on your left. Cheap rooms also, and AC i think. Then passing that hotel, and going maybe a kilometer, on your left will be Casa DE Sol, and they have nice rooms for 25 or 30 bucks a night. Also good food in the restaurant. Also, a couple of boaters have apartments and rooms for rent in their homes. Nice places for a month or a week. Enjoy Luperon. Oh, a great place about 15 klicks out of town in Miramar in Castillo, to the west of Luperon along the coast. It?s really an amazing 10 room hotel overlooking Isabella ay, has a huge sawimming pool, and some of the best Continental cuisine in this country. Lisa and Eugene are bElgium and everything is top notch, including their incredible Taino artifact museum. They have caves onsite that are full of pottery, sculptures etc. It is a truly amazing spot for 1000rd a night. University of Indiana stays there when they are in country diving the wrecks in the bay. I can get phone numbes if necesary.
bye

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Oh, a great place about 15 klicks out of town in Miramar in Castillo, to the west of Luperon along the coast. It?s really an amazing 10 room hotel overlooking Isabella ay, has a huge sawimming pool, and some of the best Continental cuisine in this country. Lisa and Eugene are bElgium and everything is top notch, including their incredible Taino artifact museum. They have caves onsite that are full of pottery, sculptures etc. It is a truly amazing spot for 1000rd a night. University of Indiana stays there when they are in country diving the wrecks in the bay. I can get phone numbes if necesary.
bye

Gringo1? Sorry I didn`t reply earlier, do you have any contact info on this place?

Thanks so much.

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
Yes, Lisa at Miramar has this number, 809 399 5406. It is a very nice place, 1000rd per night per room, and is a peaceful spot. It?s my favorite place to stay in that area by far. Many of the Lupron folks head out there on the weekends for fresh fish and a swim in the pool. Nice beaches are closeby, and they have a Taino indian museum that is equal to none in the country, as well as caves nearby. The hotel overlooks Bahia Isabella where several of COlomus?boats lie on the bottom, and Castillo is the site of the oldest church in the Americas.

Status
Not open for further replies.