STI to POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
You can get pricing from either Welcome To Paradise Transportation or Isaira Tours - Dominican Republic

I have used both and both are ultra-reliable. Daytime rates are around $80US for up to four or five passengers but some charge more for the time you mentioned. I waited until 6 a.m. to get the day rate and it was a very relaxing start to our vacation. Watching the arriving and departing Dominicans was extremely entertaining also.

Gregg

Sep 15, 2006
Great

Thanks guys. About 4-6 of us waited to long to get airfare and prices are crazy now. So we are considering coming in on a midnight flight and arriving close to 4AM . POP is no longer an option, but we still get a free pick up from there to Cabarete.

Sep 15, 2006
Tis' true. It's the same price to Cabarete. We can go straight to our villas if we come in in the early morning. If we come in on the 11 am arrival in STI, perhaps we will meet the others at POP and travel together to Cabarete.

Are they anything like Cancun's Airport? No loud speakers?

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Caribe Tours

I see the prices came down on some airfares. At least when I am going from NY to STI in September. I found it as low as $299 direct flight both ways from JFK. There is a company called Caribe Tours and I believe they can get you to Cabarete or at least Sosua for around $200 pesos, roughly six US dollars. I am going to use them when I go there. I think you said you have never been to STI. It really isn't that confusing because the airport is small, but you will have to get a travel visa for $10 when you get there as soon as you go downstairs to where you go to get your passport stamped and pick up your luggage.

Sep 15, 2006
Thanks J.

Airfare right now is ridiclous. On the weekends it goes up even more. We're going to fly into POP now because the prices are pretty much the same.
I'm seeing fares for $800 that were $500 on the weekday. Blah. I'm breaking them up in legs and hoping not to go pass $550

Status
Not open for further replies.