Cedula

Ari1

Jul 18, 2006
Hi all!
I'm new to DR1 and was wondering if anyone could give me some info.
I need a cedula ASAP and was wondering if anyone knew of a quick way to get one. I am a US citizen but parents are dominican.
Thanks for any info,

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Hi all!
I'm new to DR1 and was wondering if anyone could give me some info.
I need a cedula ASAP and was wondering if anyone knew of a quick way to get one. I am a US citizen but parents are dominican.
Thanks for any info,

Please use the following link in the DR1 knowledgebase.

http://www.dr1.com/support/194/my-p...ic-how-do-i-obtain-dominican-citizenship.html

This will give you information on how to apply for your Dominican citizenship. I am from the US of Dominican parents as well. I went through the process and it was not bad at all. At this point I have my Dominican birth certificate and a piece of paper that acts as my cedula until my real cedula is given to me. It was supposed to be done March 18th 2007 but here we are in late June and..well you know.

Any questions please ask.

Feb 7, 2007
Is the cedula all you need (besides ID) to get a passport?

Besides photos and things you mentione, you will also need a certified copy of your birth certificate, not older than (I think) 3 months.

Call *GOB from you cell phone (toll free) and they will give you information on what exactly you need.

TIPAALANTE

Apr 6, 2009
i have a question if you have a numer for a cedular is there any way that you can find the name of whos it is on the internet??

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
i have a question if you have a numer for a cedular is there any way that you can find the name of whos it is on the internet??

As remote as this may seem, I am sure that even in the DR there is some sort of "privacy" with regards to personal info;)....that would be the equivalent of be able to trace one's Social Insurance # on the WWW.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Alarmingly enough, you can.

Enter the number in the JCE website and the details come up. Just tested it with Mr C's cedula no. It doesn't work for mine, because I'm a non-voting resident.

JCE.DO - Consulta al Padr?n Electoral

Wow, I guess one learns something new everyday, thanks for the clarification Chiri...and so much for my assumption...I guess the DR still has a long way to go in that respect.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Wow, I guess one learns something new everyday, thanks for the clarification Chiri...and so much for my assumption...I guess the DR still has a long way to go in that respect.

Well, it's not sooooo bad, the only info it gives is the cedula holder's name, sex and their voting station, no other personal information like date of birth, address etc.,
Bryan

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Well, it's not sooooo bad, the only info it gives is the cedula holder's name, sex and their voting station, no other personal information like date of birth, address etc.,
Bryan

i agree with this one.
what could be bad on that in case of 'privacy'???
somebody wanna work for you,
you ask for his cedula,
and you can confirm online that he really showed 'his/her' idendity card.
no private details shown on the site,
no privacy violated.
what should be wrong with that info?
Mike

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I know.............

..........that at one time, I could put in a cedula number and see the "whole" cedula along with their date of birth / photo etc................
.........does anyone know if that is another site or this site that they may have changed? I can't seem to find the link I used to have..........

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
giving date of birth and the foto i find important when checking a potential employee to be legit.
date of birth b/c you won't have illegally minors employed, and the foto to make sure the person is really the person in front of you.
i know that many persons are very tied with their point of view in case of "privacy" and i sure don't wanna start a discussion about such,
but those simple basic details are IMO a minimum of details i want to have confirmed before i consider somebody for specific jobs.
Mike